1. Hooray for us. We survived yet another interminable election cycle. We probably have about three weeks off before our representatives start running for office again.
2. We had snow in the air all day yesterday. It didn't stick to anything or accumulate---but it was definitely snow. I remember.
3. Good Guy has carpal tunnel surgery this afternoon. I think I'll start some supper in the crock pot so it will be ready when we return from the hospital. (He may not want to do the cooking tonight.) smirk.
4. I've decided I must have a sadistic streak. GG can't eat or drink anything today until we report to the hospital-----and I have such an urge to bake some muffins or something that would smell good. Wouldn't that be awfully mean?
5. I was almost ready to finish my current knitting project when I decided mitt #2 was bigger than mitt #1, so I ripped it all back to the beginning of the thumb gusset. I have the instructions on the computer which means they aren't always right at my elbow when I need them. Relying on my memory isn't that great an idea, I think.
6. I finished book number 78 for the year last night. I'm falling way behind!!!
Yours wasn't the only mitt that got unraveled last night. (nyuk yuk yuk...)
ReplyDeleteI've never met a female Three Stooges fan!
Delete
ReplyDeleteWe had the snow in the air all day yesterday too. Our did stick like powdered sugar most of the day, but toward late afternoon it began to melt away and is nearly all gone now.
It was fun while it lasted, and may it herald more to come!
I know how you're waiting for a real snowfall. I only know two people in the world who yearn for it. You and The Photographer.
DeleteIt sure looked like it could snow here ... but it wasn't quite cold enough. I wouldn't have minded a light snowfall.
ReplyDeleteI had to fast for my bloodwork, and I can't believe how hungry I was from the second I got up this morning ... I usually am not ready for breakfast for at least an hour after I get up. Freshly baked muffins would have been more than I could have withstood. ha!
I didn't make muffins. I'm not that mean. But I'm just like you---not very hungry unless I'm forbidden to eat.
DeleteOur snow is coming tonight. I use YouTube to help me with crochet stitches. Good luck with Good Guy's surgery. Muffins are a bit cruel. ;-)
ReplyDeleteHope all goes well for Good Guy and you get snow, if you want snow and then could you send some south to us!
ReplyDeleteHow did Good Guys surgery go? And was your crockpot dinner tasty?
ReplyDeleteWe have no snow yet, but the wind is kicking up today (even though it's pretty blue skies) and we're supposed to get some precipitation this weekend. Bring it on.....we're too dry. And I need to stay inside the house and actually do something! It's way too tempting to be outside.
You are a good girl for not baking those muffins.....but I like that you have a little rebel streak in you!
I need to blog before people think I've been abducted.
He's doing great after the surgery. The chicken was edible but had too much garlic in it. I didn't think it was possible, but it is!
DeleteWe finally had a day where we could see our shadows. I recognized the sun right away even though it has been such a long absence.