Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Fine! Be That Way!

I am not the only blogger who is finding that blogging seldom leads to a steadily diminishing number of readers and comments.  It is hard to maintain a connection when you only touch base once a month.

Of course, the same lack of feedback is the very thing that sends bloggers to other places where there is more interaction.  I am not a Facebook lover, but I do have access to more people I know there; who will leave comments when I make a contribution.

This diminishing number of readers reminds me of the sinkhole that businesses fall into once they cut their hours.  Fewer hours, fewer customers because there is less chance you will remember when the business is open.

Good Guy and I went through the town of Crivitz this weekend and remembered to stop at the bakery----which is open only on the weekend.  That fact can't make them a regular resource for the people in town.  It must be difficult to be a business owner in a small town, especially during the winters here.

It makes me thankful for the people who persevere in spite of the difficulties.

In a completely different vein, I'm in the midst of a project for Good Guy, who requested a pair of warm, but fine gauge socks.  Never the conservative dresser, he picked a self-striping yarn with the color name, Red Hots.  With a little backtracking, which was necessary due to not reading the pattern well, I've progressed past the heel and onto the foot portion.  They seem very nice so far, and since I have his feet nearby to take measurements, I should be able to get a perfect fit for him.

I was inspired by my friend, Kay, who knits for her husband's painful feet.  He loves his wife-made socks and brags on her skill.  She is a wonderful knitter, I must admit.

Here is what they look like, so far.

 
I think they will always LOOK warm.  Don't you think?

8 comments:

  1. Don't have facebook, only email and lurking at posts of bloggers I really
    like reading....I don't respond a lot...But, I love reading about what other
    people in the world like to do in their lives....I don't travel like I did when I
    was able to walk and have a car and of course MONEY to get to and from where I was going...Now, I sit in my home most of the time...NO one cares to come visit or ask if I would like to get out....I ask for help from my sons who live in the area...One son and two of his three kids live with me....HMM, but unless I ask for a ride anywhere, I stay here...
    Done whining now.....
    Ann, I love reading about your knitting, quilting and places you and your fantastic hubby go...
    Love from NC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't have facebook, only email and lurking at posts of bloggers I really
    like reading....I don't respond a lot...But, I love reading about what other
    people in the world like to do in their lives....I don't travel like I did when I
    was able to walk and have a car and of course MONEY to get to and from where I was going...Now, I sit in my home most of the time...NO one cares to come visit or ask if I would like to get out....I ask for help from my sons who live in the area...One son and two of his three kids live with me....HMM, but unless I ask for a ride anywhere, I stay here...
    Done whining now.....
    Ann, I love reading about your knitting, quilting and places you and your fantastic hubby go...
    Love from NC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't have facebook, only email and lurking at posts of bloggers I really
    like reading....I don't respond a lot...But, I love reading about what other
    people in the world like to do in their lives....I don't travel like I did when I
    was able to walk and have a car and of course MONEY to get to and from where I was going...Now, I sit in my home most of the time...NO one cares to come visit or ask if I would like to get out....I ask for help from my sons who live in the area...One son and two of his three kids live with me....HMM, but unless I ask for a ride anywhere, I stay here...
    Done whining now.....
    Ann, I love reading about your knitting, quilting and places you and your fantastic hubby go...
    Love from NC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's reason enough for me to keep in touch with you, my dear! You make me feel very blessed.

      Delete
  4. Because of your knitting blogging, I looked into knitting lessons. Nothing fits my schedule at the moment, but the college semester ends the first week of March, and I plan to be up at the local yarn shop with all the other ... ladies of my age. And how was I not following you on Facebook?? I fixed that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go, Pam!!! By the way, have you read The Signiture of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert? Interesting characters.

      Delete
  5. The socks are fun........I like the colors Good Guy picked out! I'd wear them myself!
    I totally 'get' the blogging thing and actually had one of my followers beg me to stay around. Well, one doesn't cut it for all the time it takes to be witty and creative! HA
    So far, I'm enjoying the time off. Not that I'm knitting anything like you!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely. I think it would be wonderful to have a pair of socks lovingly made just for me. You're sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.