I am in awe of people who write blog entries daily with pictures and funny observations about their interesting lives. I thank those who do, because it's very inspiring.
Hereabouts our days are quite the same as one another, and though he looks very handsome sitting and reading, I'm sure you don't want a picture of Good Guy every day.
But------a few things have happened. I don't have pictures of our trip to Red Wing last week, but we had a nice couple of days staying at a B&B, eating delicious food, and getting in a little visit with my cousin, Evelyn.
We even witnessed some snow melt---a rare and wonderful occurrence
I'm working on a quilt which is using blue pre-cut pieces which I found in some fabric I "inherited". I am filling in the light colored bits with leftover fabric I had cut into strips. I have enough blue bits cut for a total of 25 squares, so I'll be doing this for "a while" yet.
This one was pieced out of flannel edges passed along to me by my friend who does long arm quilting as a business. The edges of batting and backing get trimmed and she shared those with me, and there was enough to come up with this:
It isn't beautiful, but it is cozy with flannel on both sides.
And there's a pair of men's socks in the works at the moment as well. They haven't been photographed yet, but they will be amazing when they're done. She said, modestly.
Today is quilting day with friends, so I must waddle off. Have a great Wednesday.
Do you have a name for the pattern used in those four little blocks? I love them and I'll bet they create a neat secondary pattern when put together.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what the pattern is called, but I'll see if I can find a name. I've been debating whether I should set them right together, or put sashing. What do you think?
DeleteGlad you had a nice trip! Quilting through the thaw sounds like a good way to wait it out! :)
ReplyDeletebtw, on April 2nd, I'll be posting about a special celebration of the 300th FF post, complete with entries for prizes for those who link up. Just thought I'd mention it, in case you want to join in. Have a great week!
Thanks for the heads up, Barb. I'll keep an eye out!
DeleteLove the quilt blocks. Just last week I was in the attic and was reminded I haven't touched the remnants of Mother's house dresses I'm "going to" make into a quilt. At least you're quilting.
ReplyDeleteAnd at least you're blogging. I haven't touched mine in over a year. I want to start a new one with a completely different name hoping that will inspire me to maintain it regularly.
Stay warm.
I have noticed that a number of faithful bloggers have given it up. My own experience has been that I get quicker feedback and a lot more feedback from other social media. Now (when I blog) it is largely for my own pleasure-----in the future. I really enjoy going back to see what I wrote about. I read a few others regularly but mainly they are special interest blogs. My interests, that is. Selfish thing that I am.....
Delete