Monday, May 26, 2014

Give it to the Busiest

I haven't been reading many blogs since many of my regular stops "are no more", but I do check on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville which is a treasure trove of information for this quilter.

Bonnie is a whirling dervish of activity.  She writes books, she travels to give classes, she posts to her blog daily and sometimes multiple times, with pictures of what is happening in her classes.  She is tech savvy and has harnessed social media to keep quilters interested and informed.

You know the old saying, "If you need something done, give it to the busiest person you know."

After having a busy week, I realize how much of a slug I usually am.  It is an eye-opener, to say the least.

I'm not making any promises, but I'm here today. Plus I realize that the more often I post, the more I have to share.  It's like reconnecting with an old friend.  If you talk often, you have a lot to say, but if you only chat now and then, it's more difficult.

In the "thread-bending" department, I'm knitting mittens to use up some wool and just to have something portable to take with me, and piecing flannel for baby quilts for the reservation.  More about that later.

Thanks to all our veterans, past and present, and another big thanks to those who are serving now.  We truly do appreciate all that you and your loved ones have sacrificed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backtalk is welcome here.