Good Guy has a birthday coming up and the whole country celebrates this dear man by flying the flag. Of course, they might also be flying the flag for my very much younger sister and her husband who celebrate their wedding anniversary on June 14th.
Or it might be that it's Flag Day.
My friend, Kay, is an advocate for proper flag protocol and has raised my awareness. She makes a point of reminding folks that it's disrespectful to fly a flag that is torn and tattered, and she has me noticing that as well.
If you have a flag, fly it proudly. And replace it if it is worn and torn. (And wish GG a happy birthday. No card or gift is required.)
Flag Day is also our wedding anniversary! But no, I did not wear red, white & blue.
ReplyDeleteThe celebrants are piling up. I got word today that I know about six people with birthdays today and tomorrow too. Who knew??
Delete