Monday, December 29, 2014

Winding Down

Ah, the sigh of relief upon reaching the pleasant, lazy week between Christmas and New Year's Day.

We have had our days of traditional food and our days of way too many sweets, some of which coincided with days with family.  Everything was fun, but it tires me out.  Once we get used to quiet days without being sociable, it is an effort to be visiting with people all day long. (No matter how much you love them.)

So now I have confessed my hermit-like tendencies and can fold my tent in peace and go back to my sewing machine.

This is a week to evaluate what was great about 2014 and make plans for the next year. I can do that thinking while I do some sewing.

Remember to comment.  I'm still sending a prize to someone.  This means you, Sandy!

Oh, and by the way, we returned on Saturday morning in Significant Snow.  I think we were driving into the storm.  There was plenty of snow in Houghton when we left, but little plowing had been done, and when we got home, neighbors said that most of the 8 inches fell in just a couple hours in the morning.  It was a relief to arrive home safely.

Happy New Year, my friends!

5 comments:

  1. I spent the first part of the week getting creative with leftover ham, with ham salad, quiche, and a new dish of great northern beans with ham. Back to work for both of us today, although mine was from home, working on my computers and steno machine, getting everything updated and backed up and ready to go for the next semester. I have enjoyed this time so much. I refuse to acknowledge that we will get any snow, much less eight inches!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your "no snow" resolution! Do you ever have winters with none??

      I recall a November 1st, a few years ago when we were traveling north through Ann Arbor and it was snowing. We were unhappy. We stayed overnight in Houghton Lake, and it was horrible traveling from there to the Bridge. Shudder!

      Delete
  2. Ann,

    I hope that you and your hubby have a Blessed New Years Eve....maybe it will be quiet at home and you can sew to your hearts content...
    I will be with my sister from Wis and my niece and her two children at a hotel hot tub in Greensboro, NC. Imagine that, I am going out of my home and going with them 14 miles from home to sit in a hot tub....Oh, how wonderful is that for these old very very hurting bones....
    GO PACKERS!!!!!!! and PANTHERS!!!!!
    Does that qualify me as the Sandy to win the prize?
    Love from NC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, you're a dreadful suck-up to say Go Packers, but your name is in the hat. Crystal Falls is very pretty with all the snow! I hate to navigate that hill in new snow, but it is pretty!

    I hope you are enjoying the hot tub on your bones right now!

    Happy New Year!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness gracious....I sat in that hot tub for half an hr....Got in with the help of my niece, Kristen and it was heaven on earth for a few minutes....I could move my legs like riding a bike and I didn't hardly hurt....What a great thing, a hot tub.
      Hey, if you have any snow pictures of Crystal, could you email them to me...I never got any for the while we were there....But I bet it is like a wonderland post card....that hill down from the court house thru downtown(HAHA)to the bottom at the Paint
      River must be as treacherous as the hills in Houghton-Hancock....I remember driving them years ago when my grandparents were still alive...UGH, snow on Easter one year and could hardly get up or down...Oh so glad those days are over, but do miss the beauty of the UP....

      Have a Blessed New Year!!!

      Delete

Backtalk is welcome here.