For the past few years, I have used some questions from Jamie Ridler's studio that help you think back on what was best and worst of the past year. While I was reading some of her posts, a statement that she made really resonated with me.
She said, and I paraphrase freely, make the end of the year the best part yet. December is Family Birthday month again along with all the extra activity that goes along with preparations for Christmas fun. It could just be busy and busy and more busy---but I am going to enjoy it all deliberately.
I have cards, stamps, a quilt to finish by February, lots of cookie baking ingredients, a wall hanging pieced and hung (though I haven't quilted it yet). I'm not expecting any company who will care about that. I might take the safety pins out, though. That might be good.
I love to receive Christmas cards, so therefore I must send them. Sadly, a great many of the people I used to hear from (mostly friends of my parents) are no longer able to send cards and I miss them at Christmas time. I may not think of them very often otherwise, but that is one of the things about growing older. I just try to concentrate on happy memories instead. It's good to make more happy memories too, both for ourselves and for the younger members of the family.
I'll take a picture of my wall hanging for you when the light is better. By 5 PM it is full dark here now.
When I went out to start my trusty car yesterday, there was no response. I think the door unlatched when I tried to open it and it seemed to be frozen shut. Because it was unlatched, the light must have been on, depleting the battery. Which is quite new, by the way. AAA came and it started in a flash when they gave it a jump.
A family of two shouldn't have to have two cars. But it is "necessary" if you are used to being able to pick up and go without consulting anyone about their plans. We'd adjust if we had to, but there would be some grumbling, I think.
I will advise you to do as Jamie advised me. Make the End of the Year the Best Part!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI don't know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.
ReplyDelete