Brotherbob assures me that after some showers this weekend, we will enjoy a lovely week of northern summer weather. For eight years now we have enjoyed spending a week at rented cabins near us. (Up here "near" means within an hours' drive).
Our boys and families come from Florida and Nashville, usually. Brotherbob, his wife, and his sons and families come when they can. This year one son is coming with four kids, two of them still pre-school.
So we have busy days ahead, trying to keep the little ones safe and occupied away from home. My sister-in-law and I used to love those lazy days of reading and visiting together. This year may not be quite so relaxed, but good fun in its own way.
This all began when Bob's family all ran in a race called Run Your Bass Off, during the Bass Festival. Now the race has moved away from the week near the Independence Day Celebration, but our week is reserved at the cabin, so we forego racing. Shucks! I'll try to quench my disappointment. Pass the Cheetos, please.
I have appointments during the week, so I'll be checking up on y'all. Try to behave. (You know who you are!
The cabin sounds like it's a joy to you all :) so glad you have decided to go even though there's no more running haha!
ReplyDeleteAnd of course you have that bloggy buddy who is coming up and you must meet and greet her - - -
ReplyDelete