As I returned to my town from my chinwag with my old friends of yesterday's post, I stopped at the Dairy Queen to get a sandwich for my supper. No untoward weather there.
But as I came along the main route to home, the street was littered with leaves and small branches.
"What the heck?" The further west I drove, the bigger the branches, culminating in uprooted trees and utility trucks, and chain-saw bearing branch whackers. (A local bird species)
Apparently we did not have a tornado, but there was an awful lot of wind destruction, hail, and power outages nearby.
I'll sacrifice the cherry tomato crop to save my maple tree. I am not sorry to have missed the storm, for it was quite frightening enough to see the aftermath. There must have been widespread severe weather; my uncle in Appleton sent me an update on their storm, with lots of hail, wind, and destruction, too. (Appleton is more than a hundred miles south of us.)
So that's my Kansas connection. (Angie, The Wizard of Oz has Dorothy and Toto disappearing to Oz from a tornado in Kansas. You probably know that already, but just in case.)
Now to determine if there are any loose ends to gather for Friday Fragments. I rather doubt it.
I'm grateful that you weren't hurt, obviously :) It is scary to drive through all of that aftermath -- for me it's always been a constant worry about what I'm going to find at my place that makes the drive even worse.
ReplyDeleteKristin - The Goat