Thursday, August 5, 2010

Poetry and Poultry

Some of my blog-friends are participating in a Rooster sharing event tomorrow.  I can't participate because I don't have a single rooster in my entire house.  I'm pretty sure.  Bears, elephants, moose, but no roosters at all.  I do, howenver have this:

She was made for a "competition" in which a certain fabric had to be used.  (It's the narrow border around the main picture part.)

The poem is some doggerel by Wm. McGonnegall which says:

The hen, it is a noble beast,
The cow is more forlorner,
Standing in the rain
With a leg at every corner.

I added little shiny brown beads to the ground for feed, and all in all, she has given me many a chuckle.  Perhaps I'll hang her up today, in place of the Christmas angel hanging.  Could it be time yet?

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you still have an entry....you could baffle us with the fact you have NO roosters!! OH my!
    cute chicken though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hanging AND the rhyme. I say ENTER her - - - wait til you see what I'm entering!!! My entry is NOT conventional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think I had any roosters in my house until I remembered that my mom gave me a tiny little dish with a rooter head on it. Well, that sounded awful- but honest it's not macabre.

    Next thing you know, you're going to start getting rooster gifts in the mail!

    Kristin - The Goat

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.