Sometimes real life intervenes, and I go places, do things instead of sitting on my keester with a laptop in my lap.
Not too often, but on occasion. This week I rode to the Big Airport to the South to fetch my niece on her flight from Virginia. It has been a proper treat to see her again, and there has been a lot of laughter.
I also saw a specialist this week who told me the minor problem that wasn't worrying me much---was probabaly nothing much. (Ka-ching!)
But while I stayed home, in the heat, I amused myself by knitting socks. They aren't warm and heavy on your lap, and this yarn is supposed to look like denim and will match one's blue jeans. Kind of generic and useful for most anyone.
I tried to photograph them both snapping and holding---I'm not short, but my arms just aren't long enough.
This question should probably be a whole different post, but I don't want to fire the first volley in a battle of the sexes. BUT, have you seen the ad promoting a service which would enable watching multiple football games on one screen? I love football and watch a lot of it, but can't figure out how I could possibly enjoy many more than one at a time. Please feel free to tell me your thoughts about this situation.
The socks are looking great - - - but you already know my admiration for sock knitters knows no bounds.
ReplyDeleteAbout the multiple games on one screen. Yes, I've definitely HEARD of it, have even "glanced" at it from time to time.
Many folks, knowing my love of college football have told me I would probably like it.
I do not like it.
I much prefer to look at one game at a time on my screen - - - then I FLIP channels to other games during time outs and commercials. I am usually watching anywhere from 3 to 5 games at a time in this manner. I have found that by so doing, I RARELY miss the "big plays" and have a great feel for EACH game and can actually SEE what I'm looking at.
So - - - those are MY feelings on the subject.
Just did a little "change" over at my place - - - what do you think?
ReplyDeleteI thought those TV's were out for a long time now. They are called a picture in a picture TV, no? I might be wrong, but some people like watching two shows at once and flip back and forth...Personally, it drives me nuts, but I dont' watch TV at all.
ReplyDeleteYour socks look nice. I want to try knitting them both together on a circular and from the bottom up...I've never done that and it sounds like a challenge. I love challenging myself ;-)