I guess a person with cat residents never really feels very alone, since they sit on any craft work I'm doing, and gather around to stare when cooking or eating are in progress.
But Good Guy is in New York City, being a patron of the arts for a week. I have probably told you before about my love of crowds and traffic, so I'm happy to stay home and talk to him on the phone. The weather is grand, and I should be out planting bulbs or cleaning out the garden, but I can do this in fifteen minutes. You can do anything for fifteen minutes.
My big assignment for the week is to fill five bags or boxes of stuff to donate to Goodwill or St. Vincent de Paul. Smaller goals have to do with quilts or knitting projects that are in progress. Not to finish them, but to at least look at them, or make some decisions about them. I've already shredded a couple bags of paperwork that doesn't need to be saved. Do I feel virtuous? It's silly, but I do.
It's just making all those decisions. Like the old joke about the hard job the guy got sorting potatoes. Is it a small large potato, or a medium, or a huge small potato. It all rested on him. Awesome responsibility.
Well, I'm off to work in the garden for fifteen minutes. Maybe I can find one more zucchini. There's always one more, right?
I love to set goals for myself. It truly helps and 15 minutes is 15 minutes!!!
ReplyDeleteSometimes being home alone is restful and fun. Other times, not so much.
ReplyDeleteHey - - - look at your followers list growing! You go, girl!
Enjoy the UP. Take photos, soak up the sun, catch some walleye or white fish. Go to Bucks in Ishpeming for all you can eat white fish. Mmmmm. I love the UP!
ReplyDeleteYou're funny. (Have I said that already?) This makes me think I should go up to Kyle's room and start cleaning it. Nah....
ReplyDelete