If you stop by here very often you know that I'm recuperating from joint replacement surgery. And though I am progressing very well, I am getting bored with spending so much time at home.
When I feel perfectly well, I usually choose to spend lots of time at home anyway, but now that it is sort of "enforced" homebodiness, I'm feeling rebellious. I hauled out my journal this morning to record my "happenings" and I felt like a poser.
Happenings! Baking lemon bars in memory of my father-in-law, gone from us since 1987? (He would pull the most memorable face whenever he saw a person bite into a lemon wedge.)
Or starting to knit a woolen mitten? Being able to walk down stairs using both legs? Pretty fascinating stuff.
So when I have my 'druthers' is there interesting stuff in my journal? Phhhhhtttttt! Of course not. Do I fly planes or bungee jump, or play a sport, or win lotteries? No time lately, that's for sure. So why do I feel so stifled?
I haven't been to the library for a month, or gone out in the car on my own since the end of October. Not that Good Guy isn't great company, but I know the problem now.
I don't have any independent life! It is a fortaste of really being a "Shut-In" and I don't like it one little bit! Although I'm not young any more, I am healthy and strong, and for long periods I have my wits about me, I'm pretty sure.
I think this weekend will be a good time to resume driving. Time to be brave and strong and independent. There will be good news soon, count on it.
Oh Ann this is a hard thing, being forced to stay in and depend on others. hope you will out and about soon!
ReplyDeleteAnn, just you keep on trying. Disability is, to a greater or lesser degree, something most people have to cope with at sometime in their lives. This is your time - and I am thankful it's temporary with a positive long-term outcome.
ReplyDeleteLove from snowy Scunthorpe, xx
I do believe that I would have gone stir crazy long before now, if I hadn't been able to go out on my own since the end of Oct.
ReplyDeleteI hope your driving adventure is freeing! Enjoy!
Kristin _ The Goat