Monday, December 6, 2010

Flowers of the Season

Well, the third time's the charm it's said.  At the end of this narrative, I hope you will find a photograph of our Christmas cactus which has been blooming so beautifully since Thanksgiving.  It was a gift when quite small from my neighbor, Saint Bev.

It has budded other years, but has never bloomed this much before.  I have read that it's a good idea to put the plant in a darker, cooler place for a time.  I just try to keep the plants out of the traffic pattern of the cats.  When she was a kitten, the Rearranger used to sit smack dab on top of my shamrock plant.  That didn't add to the vigor of the shamrock, you can bet.

By the way I took the car out on an adventure this morning to the post office, bank, paper recycler, and card shop.  Tiring but it made me smile.  Thankfully we have no snow on the ground. 



2 comments:

  1. Your cactus looks really healthy, no wonder why it's blooming so much for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these days I'll have to get a Christmas cactus. I love their blossoms and just at the time when you can stand a little color! I can't believe we still have roses, but then this is the South, so it's not all that amazing, but still the temperatures at night have been in the 30s....happy holidays and a merry Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.