The birthday celebration goes on and on. Since we were snowed in on the original date for dinner, we made the trip to our favorite restaurant for a wonderful dinner last night. And that would be Alice's restaurant in Iron River. Read about it here We had a delicious meal and drove home in new snow. It didn't amount to much when all was said and done, though. The snow, that is.
We finally got our tree up. It's short enough to fit on our coffee table in front of the window. I'm trying for "pretty" this year. No cartoon mice, no black stars painted in kindergarten, no pickles. We'll see how long I can hold out for that.
Baking began too. I made half a batch of granola to send to the youngest who requested some. Then I made a braided cardomom sweet bread for Good Guy, who wistfully told me about a package he'd get from a friend's mom every Christmas wherever he was, with this ethnic treat enclosed. I have spritz mixed but not baked.
And last but not least, I sported a "passenger" from 11 Am yesterday until the same time today. It was monitoring my pounding heartbeat for 24 hours. This weirdness had never happened to me before. My labs drawn this week were all normal, so we'll see what the expert has to say about this 24 hour test. (Actually it hadn't happened for 48 hours, so I almost scratched the appointment, but thought the better of it.) As I used to tell my kids, "It's probably nothing." No kids have neglected health like the children of medical professionals. At least the ones who grew up in our house. In spite of us, they seem to be healthy and hardy. What if I have to give up real coffee for good!?
So - - - how did it go??? Did your heart skip and jump while you were wearing the monitor?
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got to go to Alice's.
Baking - - - hmmmm - - - what do you think it is, Christmas or something??? :-)
"You can get anything you want in Alice's Restaurant" - not that restaurant surely? Do you remember that song?
ReplyDeleteIf your holiday baking inculdes chocolate chip cookies and anything with frosting then I'm onboard.
ReplyDeleteHope the 24 hour test went well. I have a tiny tree on a side table, but what's with banning the cartoon mice? LOL
ReplyDeleteKristin - The Goat
So, how'd it go? I like your attitude about it--You have a way of grounding those around you (in a good way), I'm sure.
ReplyDelete