Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Solstice Musings

I eagerly await the date and hour when I am assured the days will begin to gain in sunlight once again.  Alas, just when I should rejoice in the celebration on Midsummer, I get bummed out because the days are growing shorter. 

I can well understand the relief and celebration of primitive people when the days began growing longer.  I can't imagine sitting in a dark longhouse by the fire because it was dark for 18 hours a day, and freezing cold outdoors when it was light.  Talk about "cabin fever"! 

On a completely different subject, these guys gather together to celebrate and decorate a corner during the holidays.  One of them survived Good Guy's childhood and is in the same state as the Velveteen Rabbit.  Isn't he so bald and sweet? 

Well, today is a baking day which precedes a Swedish meatball making day.  We're down to the wire, folks!  Happy preparations!

3 comments:

  1. The little bear with the green shirt, red scarf, and red mittens??? I HAVE that same bear! Since seeing yours, I got mine out for the duration of the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't know if I could handle being in the cold and snow without internet and movies/tv. I remember being so sad going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark.

    Love the bears :) You make meatballs? oh yummy!

    Kristin - The Goat

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more week of tolerating the snow cover (through New Years Day) then its a wish for melt, melt, melt. On to warmer days ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.