Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Fragments

I guess if I can't get my act together enough to post a proper cohesive entry, I must be a good candidate for entering Friday Fragments hosted by Mrs. 4444 at Half Past Kissin Time. Thanks Mrs. 4444.

I love the ads for the Venza, which feature the dull kids worrying about their parents who are out having fun. I especially love the daughter who moved away. " What are they doing? I'm their only child------except for my sister."

I have no idea why that cracks me up, but it makes me laugh out loud every time.
Do you remember the month you commented so I could send a goat via Heifer International? I get mail from them now telling stories of the livestock and the education Heifer International provides, plus the policy of having the donation paid forward to others. It is very heartening to me to read of the success stories. Part of the Kiva loan has been repaid already too.

Since no two economists seem to agree, I am happy there are grassroots movements to give help to people we will never meet. Our economic picture seems pretty bleak if you look at it from the point of view of the world scene.

I can not believe the number of people---even men I thought quite sensible, who sit all day in front of the TV watching the stock tickers. People!!! The stock market will do what it always does anyway. Fluctuate wildly! It's all a shell game. Go outside, take a walk, plant some bulbs. Get a life!

Our leaves are finally showing some lovely colors. As soon as it quits raining, I'll venture out with my camera. Note to self: Don't forget.

Another job I have to do today is find the travel alarm clock that begins to beep at midnight every night and continues for about a full minute. Not long enough to find it, in my groggy return to consciousness------just long enough to rouse me from a good dream.

I am excited and delighted that one of my kids is moving closer to where we live. We haven't lived near one another for a couple of decades. Now to the task of finding lodging that will accommodate her critters. Hmmm.

What cartoon character used to say, "That's all, Folks!" That's my message. thanks for the visit.

6 comments:

  1. I like those commercials,too. There is another that's cute about a kid on the computer doing her Facebook page (which is her pride and joy) and her parents are out enjoying themselves.

    Thanks for your fragments. Watching the stock market? I can't even imagine. Isn't that like watching grass grow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be good old PPppppp-orky PPPpppig! Heeehehehe!!!

    I too adore those commercials...why do our kiddos think we don't have a life. How many of us sit around waitin' for a call or a visit as they think we do. Nope, life's too dang short!

    Love your Friday Fragments...Love Mrs. 4444's even more! :o)

    From the foggy fall hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa, ya'll have a fantastically blessed and beautiful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice frags! I love that series of commercials too. Sometimes I think it would be nice to do one with an athlete v. someone sitting on the couch watching that athlete similar in style.

    Once in awhile I'll have a dream that the smoke detector or a radio is going off/playing for no reason and I can't get it to shut off. I've pulled the batteries. I've stomped on it, smashed it, drowned it, even run over it and it still keeps going off or playing music. Turns out it's my alarm clock telling me to wake up. I hate it when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Venza ? I looked it up. A car? You can tell I have not been in the car market for awhile. Then I looked up a few youtube Venza ads. I found it. Funny ad which IMHO is the best type.
    Stock market - I watch it but it closes mid afternoon in my time zone so I get for a walk after it closes. Some days I don't pay it any attention. You are right about it fluctuating but that offers money making and losing opportunities. If I could sell losing ideas I'd be rich.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy that you got a letter back from Heifer Int'l and Kiva. Those really are two of my favorite International charities.

    A kid is moving back? (or closer) How exciting! I often wish I could move closer to my family. I miss them on a daily basis.

    Why don't you just find the alarm clock and put it next to your bed, so when it goes off at midnight you can turn it off hahahahaha! Oh, I'm such a hoot LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was surprised when I got a thank you note from Heifer Int'l when I sent a donation for a goat too. It had a picture of a family on the front getting a heifer! KIVA is awesome--I'm getting paid back on my four loans and just made another one today.

    I use the alarm clock in my cell phone tools to wake us up in the morning. I put it on our headboard shelf right next to my pillow within easy reach.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.