Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Great Yarn


Once upon a time in a happy valley not far from here, there lived a sedentary grandmother who yearned to do kind deeds for others.

In her little home, she had every nook and cranny, every drawer and shelf crammed with yarn, and at every opportunity she purchased still more. "You never know..." she would intone, shaking her head wisely, as her husband would roll his eyes.

When she decided to join her friends at the prayer shawl ministry meeting, what should they present her with but a monstrous bag of yarn ? And she decided that "this time" she wanted to make something lacy and not just a long rectangular fringed thing.

(Behold the result. There is a crocheted loopy edge on the lower triangle edges which doesn't show until I wash and block it. I was just anxious to show you.)

5 comments:

  1. That is SOOOO pretty Ann. Haven't tried lace yet....tell me it's fun and easy!

    So it was YOU with all that yarn in nooks and crannies! I always wondered!

    Bravo. Can you share the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, the whole world knows you have quite the yarn stash! I bought some yarn today at a thrift store -- I must confess. Right now, I'm working on the double winter cap in hunter orange :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty pattern! We talked Mom into gutting her room FULL of yarn last year. I told her that any time she wants to knit/crochet something, I will be happy to buy the yarn for her if she doesn't already have the right color. It was becoming RIDICULOUS in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you were anxious to show it off! It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.