Weight Watcher progress. (I know this isn't the most fascinating subject----face it, if you wanted fascinating you'd be somewhere else!) I've lost 22 pounds and am in my psychological danger zone where, when my clothing becomes comfortable or too large, I tend to get lazy and quit. I am hoping that being aware will prevent that problem this time.
On the needles: I finished all the caps, mittens, prayer shawls, and socks that were in progress and I cast on a nutmeg colored warm vest for myself in washable wool. It isn't in any shape to take its picture for you, but it'll be great when it's done. I'll take a pic next week when it looks more like a real project.
Good Guy went off on an overnight with Brotherbob to golf and brought me another project to finish. I have five pieces of a child's sweater to assemble into a wearable garment. Plenty of leftover yarn came with it, but no directions. My favorite thing! A puzzle!!! (Wish me luck.)
Reading this week is on my computer. I downloaded Cutting for Stone from the Great Lakes Digital library. I am not that crazy about that mode of reading, however the book fascinates me. I love all that grisly medical stuff and the characters are very interesting. Plus I'm learning about Ethiopia---a previously unknown country.
The older I get, the more I realize that I'm extremely ignorant about a great many subjects. (Head is shaking.)!
The other commodity we have in abundance since Good Guy went off golfing is produce from the farmers market. Peppers! Pears! Cauliflower! No excuse for not getting enough fruit and vegetable helpings in this next week....
That's about all I can think of except I need to bring the cat carrier upstairs and make it an attractive place to play before I make the vet appointments for the Fuzzies. I need to hose it down because it's been a dust collector in the basement for awhile. They are so gullible and will enjoy having a new place to explore, especially if it's liberally laced with catnip for a week or so.
Have a great weekend, and if you're in the UP, or Wisconsin, have a great fish fry tonight for supper. Chow.
Dang.....I can 'get' the casting on all right, but from there on, I'm all thumbs. Seriously. Oooooooooooo, and I love the color "Nutmeg"...I bet it's a beautiful shade of brown, just in time for Autumn.
ReplyDeleteWell, aren't ya the sneaky one with the Fuzzies? Is that anything like us feedin' the wild~eyed cattle in the 'catch pen' a week or two before we corral 'em???
ReplyDeleteLoved your Friday Frags over here sweetie.
God bless and have yourself a beautiful weekend!!!
I'm ignorant about so many things.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the weight loss and don't self-sabotage.
FH is working and I'm already in my jammies so no fish fry for me tonight.
ReplyDeleteFH is working and I'm already in my jammies so no fish fry for me tonight.
ReplyDeleteaw, you have a bernese mt dog!!! how awesome is that??!!! we own a cousin, the swiss mt dog. i love him!!!
ReplyDeletei too feel like i could use some time to learn about more things. i would love to learn to knit, your projects sound fascinating.
woohoo for 22 pounds! you go girl! i hope you will push past the mental hill and keep going. i had never heard that before, but i can totally see how that would happen.
I wouldn't have a clue how to knit a sweater even with directions! Hope you can figure it out. Good luck at the vets!
ReplyDeleteA fellow dog lover! Yee-haw! We have 2, but are considering a third.
ReplyDeleteI have recently started a dog website, From Pup to Dog..if you have any cute pictures, or you would like to write a guest post, let me know...
Visiting from Friday Fragments...a couple days late!
Have a great evening.
Carolee
Come on home - mom blog
Working at home advice
Oh Ann the dog pictures are so cute. My dogs were featured last week at Bookhounds! I have tried so hard to learn to knit or crochet and am all thumbs. My 3 daughters and 2 of my granddaughters do beautiful work. My son-in-law is the dispatcher for a yarn factory so they all have plenty of supplies. My granddaughters model for the patterns and catalogues.
ReplyDeleteI'm late so have a great week:)
I was looking for a fish fry when I got to Michigan but there didn't seem to be any - I think the Fish Fry's go away when Friday Night High School Football begins.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to seeing the new project!