After yesterday's winds the tree is my yard bare and so is the maple tree across the street. But I took these pictures on Thursday morning. A great many leaves are just turning now and there will still be some color for a while. But these colors are among my favorites.
On US2 there is beautiful color each Fall between Crystal Falls and Iron River. And I'm not just saying that because it's my home country. There are a great many maple trees there and some of them turn that pinky-orange color that is so rare and pretty. During the peak of high color there, it looks like the sun is shining---no matter what the weather.
Allow me a paragraph of jubilation here. I'll preface it with the assurance that I have spent a lifetime picking losing contenders. If I bet at the races, you know my nag will bring up the rear.
But, the Tigers, Brewers, Packers, and Lions are all winners. Even Wisconsin and Michigan are doing well. It's a rare treat for me, I'll tell you!
I hope your Saturday in autumn is as beautiful where you are as it is here. We are enjoying the most wonderful weather! Happy Saturday!
I like the orange leaves too. By the way, I'm rooting for the Tigers now. Going out to play some tennis--it's a beautiful day here too!
ReplyDeleteThe colors are wonderful....Here in HP the leaves are just starting to brown out....NO rain for a good part of the summer and not cold enough will bring on dull colors...Nothing like up North for the brilliance....AND, yes the colors between Crystal and IR are exactly how you say they are...Do miss that!!!
ReplyDeleteGO PACKERS, GO BREWERS...not too sure about the rest of them....I used to listen to the Tigers with my grandpa in Houghton when I was young...We would sit in their "little room" off the dining room and listen on his OLD Philco radio....Now when the Tigers play the Brewers, WELL...BREWERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! Go WIS....ok, GO M Blue and Mich. STATE over Ill. and annoying, and the Buckeyes....I have my favorites...also Marshall and WVU...I used to live there when Chad Pennington took Marshall to the top...no losses....great time for the Huntington people who had lost their whole team in the early 70's....
Ok, back to reality and off to watch baseball...
Have a great weekend.
Love from NC
I've certainly been enjoying the Wisconsin fall foliage, but have noticed we are past peak now here too. Sadness.
ReplyDeleteColors like that are rare here in Ioway...thanks for sharing them! I'm waiting for the burning bush outside our living room window to put on its yearly scarlet show.
ReplyDeleteIt's been so gorgeous and warm and hardly a breeze to send the leaves a floating down. I can hardly get over the weather this week in Michigan. I hope a little of the warmth traveled all the way up to the UP.
ReplyDeleteGreat shots of the trees, Annie!