My two sisters and I have an annual weekend of quilting together, which began when we all went to a retreat conducted by Jane's local quilt shop. It was great fun and we enjoyed that for two years, and then Jane agreed to house and dog sit for the lady who was doing the organizing for the retreat.
Then we had our own Sister's Retreat at her home, with her encouragement and permission.
1. This year Youngest Sister will come when/if she can because of work and family complications.
2. The Fuzzies will have to house sit for me with Good Guy gone to NYC, and
3. Cooper, my dog friend , is recuperating from hip surgery. So dog sitting may be real work.
Life keeps getting complicated, doesn't it?
Our lovely warm fall weather has become more seasonal with wind and rain. It's still above freezing in the mornings but sometimes it isn't warming up to 50 degrees all day. It is entertaining to watch all the leaves blow into the yards of the folks who have cut their trees to avoid having to rake. (Bwa-ha-ha)
I don't think I will haul my quilting project with me to my "Quilter's Retreat". I am on the home stretch of my vest and have some more work to do on the little green and white sweater project. I got the pieces of it, already knitted, and I'm sewing it together-----and maybe adding a front button strip and a collar. I will have to make it up as I go along because I didn't get any pattern with it. Nothing like a good puzzle!
Plus I want to knit some aqua colored warm hats and mitts for Christmas presents. I don't expect to get to that, but you never know! Knitters seem to be incurable optimists in that regard.
Have a great weekend.
Here I am....ready to 'backtalk'. Funny!!!
ReplyDeleteI know you'll have a good weekend with your sister(s) and your knitting projects. Please post a pic of the vest when it's finished....I lust after that color!!!
Growing up, I always disliked raking leaves. It's seems like such a worthless task. Rake, put into bags, rake, put into bags.....etc. Then the wind comes and blows in the neighbors leaves. I see you understand the issue, too! (imagine me laughing hard right here) And at this moment in time, we don't own a tree that drops leaves. (snickering again).
Knit on, laugh alot, and have the best-est weekend.
Raking leaves really isn't much fun. Enjoy your quilting retreat and your knitting projects--much more productive than raking those leaves.
ReplyDelete