Thursday, November 17, 2011

Curb Your Enthusiasm

I am so excited and pleased.

My Out East daughter is on her way to her homeland (here) as I write this and we are using this occasion to round up as many family members as can get here for Saturday and a nice big (but easy) feed-for-all. My other DD is close by now, so she can be here, and the Green Bay Group will come after my grandson completes his band performance.

We will even have over nighters, which doesn't happen very often. We have a hide-a-bed which gets used for one guest at a time, but we don't have groups unless they are very understanding and can make do on air mattresses. Fortunately these guests are kind and understanding in capital letters.

So maybe I'll have Good Guy take some pictures and I'll show you some of my beautiful descendants. It could happen! You never know!

Oh, you want to know the menu? Shredded porketta on crusty buns, calico beans, tossed salad, and whatever delicious dessert my daughter-in-law brings. She is a World Class baker!

I am hoping that your weekend holds some happy times too!

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful! I love when family gets together. Have a grand time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! You'll have lots of smiles and hugs, plus the wonderful memories of the weekend with loved ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are going to have a great time getting everyone together. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm so happy for you. It's lovely when you can get family together. I've become a pretty good air mattress sleeper and don't mind them at all anymore. It's a small price to pay for cheap room and board!!

    Have a great time and I hope you do get a photo or two.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.