Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Lovefest

Once upon a time, in the land across the border, I was a wife to a nice man who was the father of my children. He had two equally nice brothers, and was the cousin of a family of a Great Many Children.

Now this nice man wasn't particularly sociable or gregarious, and as time went by, I was the person the cousins came to know. Many of these cousins who were about our age, had dear wives who became my close friends.

Yesterday I attended a family event just because i love this family dearly, even though I don't see them very much anymore. It was very gratifying to be welcomed and hugged by so many old friends.

It was fun to see the younger generation----and see who resembles which parent. It is helpful if their faces still resemble the children I remember them being, but that's not always the case. They have grown into lovely, gracious people and I love to see that, too.

So, you see, it was a love fest all around. As we get older, and begin losing our old friends, it's important for me to maintain these old connections. We can never have too many people who love us. Don't you agree?

2 comments:

  1. This post made me all warm and fuzzy. How lovely that you still keep in touch with this side of the family, but then you are easy to know and easy to like....or love, in this case.

    I count certain friends in this category. They (you) know who they are. Being loved (or liked warmly) is a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I also am happy to hear that you were a part of a hug and love fest :)

    My parents are now the oldest generation in their family and at the family reunions. It used to be I was the kid, now I'm finding myself to be just steps away from being the elder.

    I'm finding the internet and facebook to be a wonderful connection to family that I wouldn't have known otherwise. The kids are no longer just names, they post staus updates that I see! I am getting to know them.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.