You sit down and ponder what trivia has passed through your mind and been discarded as a possible blog subject, then you recapture it and link it up to Friday Fragments. Our friend and hostess, Mrs 4444's hosts this link every week. (Thanks, M4)
Good Guy has been sick this week with a really bad cold. Saint Bev had surgery in Marshfield last Friday and hopefully will be back home today. She said they would keep her about a week. My walking partner's mom who is in long term care, and quite elderly is failing. I feel surrounded by medical crises.
I feel lucky that I was born in an era with so much medical care available---even if it isn't much help with a cold.
We loaded up our bird feeders this week and were promptly invaded by squirrels. We have a neighborhood senior citizen squirrel named Stubby who has lost a good portion of his tail. He was "first on the scene".
It is hunting season in Michigan, but its a treat to see six venison denizens on the hoof on Wednesday at Kay's for quilting. Kay's guy placed some corn outdoors for "bird feeding", clanked on the flower pot three times, and as soon as he came indoors the deer appeared. Magic!
Weight Watchers has a program in place called "Lose for Good" wherein money gets donated to food pantries for every pound lost by members. In addition we have been collecting non-perishable food items to donate locally. (It's a good way to redirect our food obsessions.)
Quite naturally, the meeting subject yesterday concerned strategies for dealing with holiday eating, leftovers, etc. Our leader gave us some point values for some of the "standing temptations" of Thanksgiving----dressing, gravy, pie, green bean casserole! (I'm allowed 29 points per day. Her meal added up to 62 points...............(burp!)
I've been writing to my adopted soldier who is a career Army person and was delighted to get a letter back! It's so much easier to write when you know something about the person!
I'm looking forward to reading Other Fragments! Have a great weekend!
That is so neat you adopted a soilder. I get to busy with my family soilders {everyone is home for the holidays believe it or not, LOL}. For thanksgiving... maybe you can eat smaller amounts? I always try to take just a couple bites of everything. That way I actually can eat what is on my plate, and still have room for dessert. I don't want to event think of the points I will be consuming, LOL! My goal to ward off the holiday pounds this year is to get at least 3 cardio work-outs in each week. We will see how that goes. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDelete~Kimberlee
At last! For several weeks I've been unable to comment...the drop-down menu below the comment box has been greyed-out. Just wanted to let you know that I've been faithfully reading and enjoying your wit and wisdom. We are praying for Good Guy. Miss you!
ReplyDeletewhat a cool idea to adopt a soldier. I'm sure it means more to them then you'll ever know.
ReplyDeleteYikes...3 days worth of points in one meal?? I'm doomed.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy I was born in this era too because of medical care. If I had been born in an earlier time, I think they would have just put me in the looney bin.
ReplyDeleteI think eating Thanksgiving food at my Mom's will be a big help - no leftovers!
ReplyDeleteOne thing I notice about my person Thanksgiving meal is that I hardly eat a full serving of anything. Usually it's more like two tablespoons of each delicious dish. If I were to avoid dessert (hahahaha) I would probably be able to stay in the good zone.
ReplyDeleteI hear ya about being sick - sheesh, I'm still hacking and coughing from last weeks illness. I hope GG gets better quickly.
My husband is in the UP and said they got a foot of snow Thursday. He saw a bunch of does but the only bucks were under three points.
I like that WeightWatchers idea! I'd love to learn about their program, but I am too cheap to pay since my goal is more to eat healthier and not lose (too) much weight.
ReplyDeleteHappy hunting season!
Have a great T-day. Good thing regarding the soldier writing.
ReplyDeleteWhat, they didn't even say a magic word and the deer still came?
ReplyDeleteThat's a good idea weight watchers is doing--food donation for each pound lost.
That's wonderful you heard back from the soldier! I would be easier to write to someone you know something about.
Hope Good Guy's cold goes away TODAY!