Friday, March 30, 2012

Are You Coming or Going?

The question of the day from The Happiness Project on Facebook asked followers which part of vacation they liked the best, leaving home or returning.

In spite of the fact that we go away so much, I really love returning home.  I love to sleep in my own bed, make coffee the strength I really like, run my own washer and dryer.  I know it sounds like I'm a control freak---and I never think of myself that way until I discover how much I like my own stuff.  I prefer to think of myself as a Homebody.  It sounds much more benign than Control Freak..

If you ever want to stay in San Antonio, near everything downtown, I can't recommend the Riverwalk Plaza Suites hotel enough.  Not only was our room beautiful, and the pool was great, also there were food, coffee, and cookies at hand.

Not only all that but when I couldn't find my new mobile phone this morning, they responded immediately to my e-mail and told me to phone with shipping directions so they could send it right away!  (Thankfully, I still have a land line.)

I've decided I really can't own anything smaller than a breadbox, the way I misplace and lose stuff.  That also might be a good reason to stay at home, come to think of it.

Also noteworthy is our snow today.  I was encouraged to please bring warm weather back home---even though we have had some spring/summer weather already-----and we had a little snow this morning.  It never got into the 40's today, I'm sure.  In like a lamb, out like a lion!



7 comments:

  1. When I saw your title, I THOUGHT you were referring to our spring.

    Good to have you back where you love all y our stuff anyway!!!! Silly how I "feel" it when you're gone - - - even though you do manage a post or two and some comments even from the road!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best part of the trip is walking back into your own house again. Of course, the Fuzzies all give us an "Oh, have you been away?" look for a few minutes, but they remember pretty quickly who we are.

      Delete
  2. Oh, and whether I am coming or going no one has YET been able to figure out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I did camp counseling, I always looked more forward to going than coming home. It's like living in another world for a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done camp counseling too. I always looked forward to coming home unless we were doing family camp and had our own cabin.

      Delete
  4. I always enjoy coming home, too; especially if I cleaned before I left!

    Glad you enjoyed your trip! Mr.4444 was in Dallas when you were in San Antonio. He came home with a little sunburn from driving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like San Antonio. We were staying right downtown and only took the car out once to go in search of a barbecue joint in Lockhart. We had a nice afternoon in that little town and I bought some quilting fabric.

      Delete

Backtalk is welcome here.