Ordinarily I would be crowing about the weather, and the unseasonable warmness and wonderfulness of having spring in March. And it is wonderful, indeed, no doubt about it.
BUT, having lived a very long time, and having spent many a Memorial Day bundled to the eyeballs to watch the parade, I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. There has to be another blizzard or two in our future. It'll probably come when all the apple blossoms are out and mess up the fruit crop.
I am not being a sourpuss. I'm being a realist.
The reason, though, for today's title is that I am resting my right shoulder,(as well as right-handed people can rest their dominant side), trying not to aggravate the pain in it. A person just has no idea how much they use a part of their body until it hurts to use it.
For a year now I have tried to limit knitting time because that seemed to make it worse, but this week when I took a day off, I spent an afternoon untangling a mess of cotton/elastic yarn which rendered me very lame indeed.
As you can see, I am not one of those high-minded people who offer their pain up in a noble way. I am just a cranky, grumpy person who would like to wash the windows, or accomplish things she can't do with her left hand!
There is an up-side however. I have an excuse to watch all the action of the basketball games and moan at every missed free throw or missed call. Plus we are working on the garage and I have made a number of recycling trips with cardboard and newspapers. (Whatever happened to The Paperless Society?)
Good Guy is returning pop cans and sorting plastics, too and I can commence sweeping, if I can figure out how to do it "backwards", and spare my shoulder. It is feeling better this morning so I know I'm in danger of overdoing in a fit of optimism.
I'm feeling much cheerier now that I've dumped my load of Grumpy onto you. Thanks! You can feel like Lucy Van Pelt in her little psychiatry booth, with "5 cents" on the sign. You have done your good deed for the day!
I'm sorry. I feel your pain on a different level (in my "tennis elbow"). I feel badly about taking my body for granted. (Not enough to do anything about it, but still.) You're talking an anti-inflammatory, too, right?
ReplyDeleteMotrin is one of my food groups all the time. Good enough?
DeleteOh, and I agree--Our winter can't really be over. This is crazy!
ReplyDeleteWell, as I read your GRUMPY post (haaaa) our weather here in CO seems to have found the SHOE. After weeks of wonderful nice warm un-snowy weather.....here it comes. The wind picked up this morning and then the mountains went under a ton of clouds. And the temp dropped. All day it's been dreary and not a flake has fallen down here, but it DID make me sit down to work on a couple of art projects, so I feel like I accomplished something. Now I may need to find the Motrin, because my neck is on fire from sitting all day at the art table and the computer. Smart, eh? Like you, overworking a body part at our age....well, we should know better. Maybe.
ReplyDeleteSo, I'll be having a Mortin Cocktail and toast to you with a big smile on my face.
As a side note: we did the recycle yesterday and were stunned at how much we had collected! And now, we have to sort the plastic according to the #'s. Have you tried that without glasses? Can't be done. SO, we now take the specs with us so the recycle police don't slap the cuffs on us old people!
Bye Grumpy. I feel better just knowing you.
xoxoxo
I've given up hope of more snow but I think we will pay through the nose in the form of seversl plagues of bugs. gnats, flies, and mosquitoes which were NOT killed off during our nonwinter.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about your painful shoulder. I finally have my sciatica under submission and even my tennis elbow is fading into obscurity. Probably time for the NEXT body part failure.
I am an optimist and do not anticipate any more snow until November. Hope your shoulder feels better soon, but it's actually a good thing to use your left arm for things you normally use the right one for. It sparks extra brain power!
ReplyDeleteGary and I decided to NOT take the box off of the air conditioner, just yet! Being realists, we know this spring weather is just too good to be true.
ReplyDeleteWell, I am back on lower dosages of anti-inflammatory to handle the tendonitis in my right leg, blah,blah, blah. Yes! I know I have to exercise more....
Tonight I will pack the chariot with recyclable paper and plastic for the stop at GAD tomorrow after Giggles. I presort plastics by number in the 40# dog food bags in the garage and clip the bags shut with huge office binder clips. Cardboard is stacked in boxes. Somehow, I love to use the box cutter. Paper is stuffed in large brown paper sacks. I also use the large brown paper sack as the donation spot so I can handle the object immediately.
O.K. now that I have bragged about my so-call organization skill, I need to be humble and say that I am always in need of MOTIVATION to DeClutter. HELP!
Sometimes (cross that out) I am more than often cranky about clutter and having the burden of finishing up cleaning out the basement.
I'll appreciate my hugs tomorrow at Giggles. ;-)
Loved every word of this post. I complain that my darn elbow hurts after days of caring a baby and knitting. A sufferer of rheumatoid arthritis and fibromialgia, I hate to complain, but sometimes it feels really good to! So, I love your lame excuse :) A hurting body is the worst!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete