Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday

Hi, fellow fragmenters,

TGIF, and I can now sweep together the flotsam of the week (or more) and pretend that it makes a coherent posting. That's what we all do, and then link up to Herself----Mrs. 4444 at Half Past Kissin Time, who hosts this mental health break every Friday.

1. On Wednesday at Quilting, I spent the time cutting pieces for future piecing and I hope I learned how wise this is. Cutting is by far my least favorite part of the process, but it made for quick work once I got back to my sewing machine.

2. My February letter a day morphed into sending post cards, and my time participating in Postcrossings has netted cards from Finland, Germany, Russia, Belarus, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, England, the Netherlands, Canada, and from the dear USA.

3. My grandson's piano recital is this weekend, and we can save hours of driving by watching via live streaming video. I asked him if he was spooked by being Musician #13. He doesn't care about the number but is afraid the video time will expire before his appearance.

4. My daughter, the occupational therapist, has a client who told her she didn't get enough spankings as a child. (Admittedly, it was a long time ago, but I don't recall her needing much spanking then.)

5. Eclectic would describe our music collection. My downloads this month included Charlie Parker and the Bach Collegium. I like the Charlie Daniels band and Alison Krause, too.

6. Thank goodness it is possible to switch back to the old blogger interface. 'Nuff said. Oh, and by the way, I wanted to change my font and could only do it for one paragraph, after which I can't access the font option to make it all the same. I'm not schizophrenic. I'm not. I'm not.

Have a great weekend. I can't wait to read your bits.

15 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing that kids recitals can be streamed live? Sometimes technology is quite fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Streaming piano recitals? Wow. That sounds fun, actually. Charlie Daniels? I saw him live when I was a kid. He's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A quilter and a Postcrosser! we have much in common. I try to work on a block or two a week to keep my sanity. I send out lots of postcards per month but it's getting expensive. I am Viridian61 on postcrossing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pretty sure I changed the font I want and then set it as the default font. Sorry I can't remember how exactly I did this. I just play around until I get the effect I want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The actual post came out better than my work page. That had both Arial and Times New Roman and I couldn't make changes, but it turned out OK when it published.

      Delete
  5. Interesting use of live streaming. Hope the sound comes through ok.
    Do you have any rap in your collection? Now that would be even more eclectic. BTW - Tony Bennett & Lady GaGa did a great version of "The Lady Is a Tramp".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughing----that would indeed be eclectic. No rap, but I have heard and seen TB and Lady Gaga do "The Lady is a Tramp". A great version, indeed! The whole Duets series is wonderful.

      Delete
  6. Blogger has been giving me a bit of trouble sometimes too when I'm creating a new post. The one day when I switched to HTML from Compose and back, it made the paragraphs get a bunch of junk in them and I had to actually delete a couple paragraphs and recreate them. It was not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My music taste would definitely be described as "eclectic," too, and Allison Krause is part of that :)

    I love that you can get to your grandson's performance on-line!

    Love your new header! Very cute.

    Thanks for linking up. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so fragmented I haven't had time to fragment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm eclectic with music, too. Seems that none of us are fond of Rap, huh?

    Your fragments filled your week nicely and I agree about cutting out fabric. When I was young, I sewed my own clothes and cutting out the patterns was NOT my favorite part. Or quilting fabric.

    Hope you weekend is relaxing and un-fragmented. Will be thinking of you as we sip a cool one in Moab.

    Hugs
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes my font choices disappear too - - - I have learned that if I click "save as draft" then go away and go back to my dashboard, and go into edit posts - - - when I bring up that unfinished draft the font choices are back.

    Speaking of eclectic music - - - I brought home, from the library, a CD of the Wisconsin Marching Band this week - - - we LOVED it.

    I HATE that new blogger - - - hope they NEVER REMOVE the "change to old blogger interface" choice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't like the new blogger interface either and switched back to the old style.

    Good luck to your grandson. I love listening to piano.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so thankful that Keetha told me how to switch back....the new interface is NOT friendly!

    I had to laugh out loud about your daughter not getting enough spankings! I probably needed many more than I got.....my daddy never spanked me. I think he had a soft spot for me because he sure spanked the others. But my mama made up for what he missed! :) I had the greatest parents in the world and we sure learned respect, something sadly lacking today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm quite eclectic in my music too. I love Yo-Yo Ma and Bon Jovi, Louis Armstrong and Lenka. I am a puzzler....

    Not enough spankings? Obviously whoever spanked her didn't do it right. I needed just one from my dad to never be naughty again!

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.