Monday, April 23, 2012

Hotel Deco

I just have to share with you some of the wonders of our hotel in Omaha.  (Now, isn't this better than Trip Adviser?)

This was a historic hotel from the Art Deco period and was decorated in black, white, grey, silver---with lots of sharp corners and hard edges, but so shiny, clean, and beautiful.


We stayed in a suite with two huge rooms, but the bathroom was the piece de resistance, with an enormous glass walled walk in shower and a multi source shower.  Good Guy loved it, but I was so afraid that I'd turn the wrong lever and either scald or freeze, that I didn't change the levers very much.  

As part of our Groupon package we got $50 worth of credit in the lounge every night.  There wasn't any way we were going to use that in drinking, so we had some excellent evening meals made up of their menu.  We had some pleasant conversations with the ladies who worked in that area, too.    It's kind of hard to see the name of the lounge, but it is "Encore".

At any rate, we will remember our time in Omaha with great fondness for this interesting and vibrant city.




2 comments:

Backtalk is welcome here.