I admire those of you who love to get exercise, because I am the ultimate couch potato and exercise only because I know I must---not because I love it so.
In my own defense, I was raised in an era when women were considered too frail to play full court basketball, and sweating was actively discouraged. It's hard to believe anymore, when my daughters have rooms dedicated to exercise equipment and have ridden across the country on bicycles.
But I digress. This morning my friend and I had a perfect morning walk. The temp wasn't yet up to 60 degrees, very little wind, trees just leafing out, and there was no traffic. We kept saying, "Ah, what a day!" It made you wish it could be bottled up and saved for the days when I make excuses for staying in.
It doesn't take much for me to beg off. Oh, it's windy. It's too cold, hot, wet, dry, or the ever popular---my knee hurts. My friend walks in wind, rain, heat, and cold, and she does her best to be a good influence on me.
I try to keep in mind the rule that a body in motion tends to stay in motion, and a body at rest tends to stay at rest. And I would like to be able to move as the years go by.
So salute with me the wonder of a perfect day to walk and do things outdoors! Well, what am I doing here, anyway? See you later!
Our temps never did hit 60 over here, did yours up there?
ReplyDeleteKeep up the walking Ann!!! :-)
ReplyDelete