Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday in My City

We are beginning my absolute favorite days of spring.  The maple trees will leaf out within the next week.  I just love the days while they are unfurling!

After our little taste of unseasonable summer, we have returned to the usual erratic temperatures of April here.  Rain one day, frost and a little snow on Friday.  It is very tricky to know how to dress when you leave the house, even when you just leave for a few hours.  The sun is warm, but the wind is cold.

 

Outside my workroom window my neighbor's plum trees are blossoming and the apple trees in his back yard are looking mighty pretty, too.

I have never read The Secret Garden before this week, and it gave me an itch to get outside and dig around in the dirt.  Which I'll do now.

Happy Sunday from Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Check on other cities linked up to Unknown Mami's blog today.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE "The Secret Garden" and the Hallmark version of the movie is just precious too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a wondeful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.