We are almost done celebrating our real wedding anniversary in the city of Omaha. The very Omaha that was under major storm warnings yesterday. We did see some heavy rain and thunderstorm activity here, but the tornadoes struck south of where we are.
Omaha, in addition to Wild Kingdom, Boys Town, Omaha Steaks, has the most wonderful zoo and aquarium, beautiful architecture, awesome Lauritzen Gardens, and amazing sculpture all around the city.
Because of the heavy weather, we cancelled our planned excursion to view one of the finest quilt collections in the country in Lincoln. Maybe the next time we're in Nebraska!
Good Guy is by the shoes of this sculpture, in the new picture on the header today. The light wasn't very good for getting his picture at breakfast time this morning. But his shoes are proportional to his height. He's a big dude!
Glad the tornado missed you! I would love to visit zoos in other cities.
ReplyDeleteI'm LOVING that new header! I've got a picture SOMEWHERE of FH near an even BIGGER shoe than that - - - maybe some day I'll hunt it down and e-mail it to ya just for comparison sake.
ReplyDeleteWe didn't get any scary storms over here in this neck of the woods while you were away. But we did get some much needed rain.
I guess I think I need to be your weather gadget.
ReplyDeleteReport on the weather every hour if you wish. I think Lisa is getting sick of me texting her every day to check on the weather. LOL
DeleteMan oh man.......them are HUGE shoes! Were they Michael Jordan's?????
ReplyDeleteGlad you weren'too affected by the storms in NE, but SAD you couldn't get to the quilt showing.
Happy Anniversary month.....:)
The Omaha Zoo is outstanding. The polar bears are entertaining.
ReplyDelete