I know these are the longest days of the year, and I love that about summer.
BUT, this member of our household, the Rearranger, thought it would be a good idea to begin the day at 4:44 AM.
She was sitting by my pillow, pulling my hair and doing what she could to make something happen. (I have a lamp with a pull chain beside the bed and she has even turned that on occasionally to get attention.)
I gave up at about 5:15 AM, and got up. I pushed the button on the coffee maker, gave the cats their treats, and by the time I sat down with a cup of coffee, she was taking a nap. Go figure.
Ahh, to have the life of a cat!
I feel your pain. Mr. H is in the same mode. In the winter he'll sleep in till I wake up. But when it's light out early, fuhgeddaboutit.
ReplyDeleteYeah. If it's daylight, why is she sleeping???
DeleteI have a little BOY here who is an early riser! One morning he was up BEFORE DAYLIGHT, so it must have been 3:30 or so. I make him lie down on the love seat and DARE him to move until it is a more APPROPRIATE rising time.
ReplyDeleteThus all the "fun" excursions to swim and play in the park - - - trying to wear that kid OUT so I can sleep.
I hear you, my dear! Is he old enough to read the clock face and know he'd better not bother you before 6:00 AM? It is hard to wear out these high energy, healthy kids.
DeleteWe had a cat that used to chew on my husband's moustache to wake him up. Now we have Lucy, who tosses things off vertical surfaces, like our books, alarm clocks, etc. to get our attention. Yep, it's summer.
ReplyDeleteI'll bet Lucy and Bella could rearrange your house pretty well if working together. Bella just can't resist doing stuff like making the printer work, or hearing small items hit the floor.
DeleteThat is the time our pets usually get fed. I have to take a 5 a.m. pill so I have to get up early anyway. That's something your cat even turns on the light for you!
ReplyDelete