Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Matter of Priorities

I have been annoyed with the nightly news for many months now, who pander to the manipulators who are directing the political machinery. And I have no doubt we are being manipulated.

I do not believe the political news is the foremost, more important news in the country--ever.  Well, maybe on election day.  Maybe.

And tonight because of the devastating damages resulting from Hurricane Sandy colliding with a storm from the west, the weather took precedence over the political scene.  The governor of New Jersey, which has been hard hit by the storm just made a very sensible statement.  At this moment he couldn't care less about the election.

I found this interview, which wasn't the one I saw, but it's almost as good.

Just click Here:

I'm not trying to beat the drum for any candidate.  I'm only wishing I could reclaim some of the lost news that got overlooked in the last six months of blather.  I hate that I have to go to the BBC to find out what's going on in my own country and elsewhere.

This day, and Governor Christie, just put the frosting on the cake for me, so to speak.  Not only today is other stuff more important.  It's always more important.

Whew!  Thanks for listening----if you're still there.

9 comments:

  1. I am quite ready for the election to be over and I do not live in a swing state. Can you imagine having the roads continuously shut down for the candidates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very tiring listening/watching political spin and commercials. Tuesday can't get here fast enough. But you know it won't end then either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to avoid the press talking politics. We need to cinch up the time allowed to run for office. Voters get battle fatigue.

      Delete
  3. We don't get news here, for some reason Hollywood seems to be our news, who cares what Lindsey Lohan did now. For me the news thinks it is our filter, I too have begun to follow BBC and even Al Jezeera for actual news. We have no cable tv so I have to use Facebook and Twitter.
    I once new a woman from India, she said to me, you have no world news, I said, yes we do. She told me no, you don't. That was nearly 20 years ago, and she was right then and it is more so now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, Shannon. My friend in Canada said to me (wisely), "You know, your news is very censored."

      I took exception then, but she was right! We have hours of news, but not much information.

      Delete
  4. I tuned out months ago as a self-preservation strategy. As bad as it is elsewhere, it's even more annoying here in Iowa. My workplace is a key stop for one campaign and they snarl traffic every time they visit. The candidates send their SPOUSES here to stump for them...I saw Air Force One on the tarmac at my local airport 2 weeks ago. We're saturated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oy! That sounds awful. It's hard to avoid the traffic snarl even when you can turn off the radio, TV, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was impressed with Chris Christie's statement too. Very refreshing to see a politician who has his priorities straight.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.