Just in case you live away from the information shared in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Upper Michigan, the NFL, ESPN, and plethora of other news sources, let me introduce you to Wisconsin's most famous bachelor.
He will be honored on a special day this year, (if the Lord tarries, and just shortly before the Mayan calendar had to end for lack of space) on December 12, 2012. Nudge, nudge. Get it?
12/12/12.
By the most amazing good luck, that is also the Banner Birthday for three people in my family!
My cousin, Beth, my dear daughter-in-law, Robin, and I share this anniversary of our birth.
I am pretty sure that the Packers and Mr. Rodgers don't care about that. So far I haven't even called it to their attention. But it'll be a pretty big day in Green Bay, I think.
I may go and call it my birthday party. Only we will know.
(Photo credit: agtimm on fanpop.com)

Well, I don't know about the football guy, but sharing a December birthday with YOU somehow seems like Kismet to me!
ReplyDeleteI will point out that Mr. Rodgers has number twelve on his jersey, in case someone failed to view the photo of this Packer Hero....
ReplyDeleteI am a hockey girl and do not know much about football. As a sports fan, I can appreciate your passion of celebrating your birthday with a 'hottie'. =D
ReplyDeleteI KNOW ALL ABOUT FOOTBALL.
ReplyDeleteAnd Aaron Rogers. He is one of the really "good guy" football players.
I heard the tale end of an interview with him today in which he described a teacher who LAUGHED in his face when he said he wanted to play in the NFL and told him he'd never even graduate from college much less make good at anything.
He said her (I believe, sadly, it was a she) words became part of the "chip" on his shoulder that drove him on to success and that he HOPED she was happy now for his success.
Class act.
No bitterness - - - he let her criticism and other adversity help make him a better player and person.
I LOVE sports stories like that.
Anne, I KNOW you know about me and football, but I said the all caps football thing in response to the other commenters who admitted their cluelessness to "my" game.
DeleteOoops - - -that would be the TAIL end of the TALE.
ReplyDeleteOH, Ann, I share a Dec. birthday with you....I will try to remember the 12th. and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY then...
ReplyDeleteFootball, yippee...Hope the Packers play better in the rest of the season than they started out...Finishing well is what is a good thing.
Have a blessed day
Love from NC