Friday Fragments time once again, and I am more than ready to unload my backpack into the Friday Frag melee.
You can do the same thing, by putting those nagging little bits, too small for a whole post into the mix for the rest of us by linking up with Mrs. 4444 at Half Past Kissin Time.
1. I thought I'd enjoy exploring new radio stations on our XM radio while Good Guy is gone. One thing I've discovered is that there are (roughly) 50 Hip-Hop stations. We have a great many CDs I have been enjoying.
2. To keep from wasting a week, I made a list. The quilt top should be completed today, and I've turned the heel on the sock.
3. My book isn't done, yet. But I have until Tuesday. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.
4. I got the bill from "anesthesia"---and I am coded as a person of extreme age. I'd like to be annoyed about that, but it just makes me laugh. At what age does "extreme age" begin? Do any of you know?
5. My yarn arrived this week for the October project from Anne Hanson's Knitspot club, Fall in Full Color. A really nice, generous person would be considering what to make for Christmas gifts with this luxurious yarn. Fergetabboutit! That would be the golden and green variegated yarn above. It is named Belgian Wheat and the picture doesn't do it justice, believe me!
6. My friend, Carole, just had a knee replacement on October 10th, and she went home three days later! I was happy to languish, getting nursing care and therapy for a whole week. I feel like a wimp now!
7. The sock is for my dear nephew who is considering learning to knit. He said-----so he could have some warm hand knit socks. I think knitting is a good pastime for people who live where there are long cold winters, because then TV time isn't just a dreadful waste of a season.
8. And last, but not least, Go Tigers!
Is that a good book? I need a book to start on and am always looking for really good ones.
ReplyDeleteWhen I see the sock you've knitted and how great it looks, it makes me wish I could knit.....for a moment.....then I remembered the knitting lessons I took back in the 90 ' s and the teacher's words ring in my ears.....she told me I was wasting her time and my money, that I had no knitting in me! To tell you the truth, I was relieved because I had worked and worked and I just had a mess!
Have a great weeke d!
Hmm. Good book? It is interesting and informative, but kind of discouraging. I don't foresee any happy Pollyanna ending in sight, either.
DeleteThe best XM channel is Radio Classics. We listen to it when driving to new locations. Those old classics like X Minus One, Yours Truly Johnny Dollar, Dragnet, Suspense, The Shadow, Green Lantern, etc are actually quite good as theater of the mind.
ReplyDeleteGood to know, Dave. I don't care if I never hear the voice of Frank Sinatra again----channel 71.
DeleteI don't know how to knit, but I do know how to crochet. My Nanny taught me when I was a young girl. I have so many blankets I don't know what to do with. I really need to learn to make something smaller… like socks… :)
ReplyDeleteI envy you the crocheting skill. I can get the edging onto things, but don't get much beyond that.
Delete
ReplyDeleteAnd your friends LOVE your sock knitting hobby.
Fisherhubby is a Yankees fan and your Tigers took good care of them leaving absolutely NO DOUBT about who was the better team.
I'm guessing the Cardinals will be your foe in the world series.
It seems that way, though the Giants made a statement last night (Friday). Good pitching.
DeleteDear Person of Extreme Age (aka Hip-Hop Honey):
ReplyDeleteYour week is coming along nicely. Now you need to sit down and have an ice cream bar.
Hugs from another POEA!
Ice cream bar...(sigh). Without the watchful eye of Himself, I had a weight gain at WW.
DeleteExtreme Age - A person who listens to 50 HipHop stations.
ReplyDeleteTracy, dear, I didn't listen to 50 HipHop stations. I zoomed right by them. But there are a great many.
DeleteI found show tunes, jazz, mellow (yawn) jazz, 40's, 50's, 60's, etc. Then I put a bunch of James Taylor CD's on the machine and gave up.
I had to laugh at you laughing at the "extreme age" description....if we can't face getting older with a sense of humor we are in trouble. I remember seeing myself described as a "sedentary female" once in a doctor's chart. I didn't think it was correct then or now, but oh well.
ReplyDeleteI hear you. I AM sedentary, and I still hate to see that in black and white. I get all huffy, and think I CAN still walk when I feel like it----I have lots of knitting to do!
DeleteI love your blog! I have never lived in the north. I can't imagine wool socks! In Honduras, a really cold day means the thinnest, barest, cotton socks.
ReplyDeleteIt's only October, and we have had a number of days when warm socks were welcome. I am now a yarn snob and don't use acrylic very often, though if I'm making them for someone who will not hand wash them there isn't much choice. At the moment it's 44 degrees F. A warm start for the day.
DeleteI don't know, but I think "extreme age" makes you sound really cool and somehow like a daredevil.
ReplyDeleteDaredevil. Well, aging isn't for the faint of heart. Jamie Curtis has an article in the current Good Housekeeping about trying new things that caught my eye. I have only been bowling a couple times and I show NO aptitude. Maybe I'll try that.
DeleteHello from your newest follower!
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping that your Tigers will be facing my Cardinals ... but they're going to need another game to make that happen (trailing the Giants 4-0 in Game 5).
Thanks for following. I'm hoping the Tigers face the Cardinals too. Though that might be wayyyy more excitement than I care for. With our closing pitchers, we can never be far enough ahead to suit me.
DeleteHey Ann,
ReplyDeleteLOVE the socks....Would love to be able to knit again...but always great to see your knitting...
Not sure about extreme age....must have been someone very young writing that out....
And I will route for the Tigers over the Cards any day of the week....So much for my Cubbies...Maybe someday before I leave the planet...
Have a blessed weekend up there in da UP,eh? Felt good to say that again...
Love from NC
I realized the other day that were I to get pregnant again (not in the plans, but a friend announced, leaving me thinking better her than me) I would now be considered AMA. AMA=Advanced Maternal Age which seems so far off the last time I gave birth (I was 27!)
ReplyDeleteYeah, the last time I gave birth, I was 27 too. And I had a roommate who was 16.
Delete