Sunday, October 21, 2012

Three People

Okay, I admit it.  I am not insecure.

On numerous places this week, exactly the same message has popped up.  "Three people have unfriended you."   Then I can click here to see who and why.  Well, maybe not why, but who.

The first time I was tempted to check it out, but then I remembered that my sister had closed her Facebook account.  I don't need to be FB friends with someone I talk to pretty regularly.

Then another person told me they were getting exactly the same message.  "Ignore it", I told you.  It's the same garbage that pops up and wants you to see who is "looking for you".

I'm in the phone book, easy to find----and I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as privacy any more.

So if a real person has "unfriended" me, so long, it's been good to know ya.  Mostly I think it's baloney.  As unrelated to me as the message to check out singles in my area.  (muffled laughter.)

6 comments:

  1. I wanted to do a similar post. I wondered why someone would unfriend me. Was I boring? Was my blog not entertaining enough? Then I realized 'so what'. Their loss. It's not about the number of followers, but about the friends you make along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received the same message. I started down the path to discover who but had the same thought as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to unfriend someone in real life this week, and believe me...it's way worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that sounds really painful if you have to make a decision to do that. Ouch!

      Delete
  4. I always notice when one of my "follow" numbers drops off. But it's really silly because even though I have 272 followers, I only get comments and converse with about 20 or so of them, so why do I care about the other 252????

    Thank goodness I don't have FB so at least I can't be unfriended there.

    Besides, I'll always be YOUR friend and hope I can count on the vice and versa.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm smiling back. You can count on me. I have made some Real Life, In the Flesh Friends out of blogging and that's a good reason to keep at it.

      Some of my Friends I only see on Fridays, so I should make the effort, I guess.

      Delete

Backtalk is welcome here.