I think I need to explain my header---which may not be there very long.
It's the waning days of November already and time is flying by, yet the prospect of winter seems to me rather like that picture of heading into the dark, foggy future.
I shouldn't even be saying that since we are having unseasonably warm weather this week, and I just went out to fill bird feeders in my pajamas and bathrobe.
But this isn't my first time around the block. And the short gloomy days, if/when they appear, affect my mood. I try to sit in the full sun at lunchtime to get a dose of light, but we don't always see the sun here in Great Lakes country.
So, that's my explanation for today's header, and I promise I'll substitute it for some gratitude pretty quickly. Check back and see.
Oh. I was just gonna say that I liked it ...
ReplyDeleteOh the picture's OK, but the prospect of winter, leaves me cold......yuk, yuk....
Delete
ReplyDeleteWell ma'am, two things:
1) In yore picture there's green leaves on them thar trees, so that "ain't" really a picture of heading into winter
2) I'll just have to keep WORKING on sending you cheery WINTER e-mails to try to help you not sink into the dark winter despair.
You're right, there are leaves on the trees, but the heading down a dark highway in the fog image remains.
DeleteKeep working on cheery winter posts. I need all the help I can get!
Oh how I remember those rainy "Fall days" before the leaves left the trees....It is the "S" word that sends shivers down my spine....Here in NC (north central) we don't have a bad winter and most days we do have sun all day...But, when I lived up in the UP and Wis. I didn't have that commodity either....
ReplyDeleteHave a Blessed Thanksgiving Ann with hubby and whoever else from your family will be with you....Their sunshine will brighten up your day...
Love from NC
Oh, Sandy, how I envy your sunny days. I like the snow, but please give us sunny days with snow on the ground. Not the foggy gloom!
Delete