Thursday, November 1, 2012

Love Letters

Remember Snail Mail?  That stuff that used to come with your name written in cursive on the front, and contained a message inside written by a friend, a mom, or some other actual person?

Snail Mail is one of the loves of my life and last February I spent a whole month writing a letter a day to friends and family.  I loved the writing, and a couple people I love even wrote back expressing their appreciation for the fact that I sat down and thought about them for an hour while I wrote them a letter.

It was cool, and I'll do it again.

After the month of letter writing, I signed up to get addresses to send post cards at Postcrossings.  This is fun, and the messages are short, and are from all over the world.

But the real impetus for posting today about letter writing was to share this link with you.

       http://talentsearch.ted.com/video/Hannah-Brencher-The-world-needs;TEDNew-York

Take a couple minutes to watch Hannah share her story, and then take twenty minutes to write a real letter, with a stamp, and envelope----the whole magilla, and send it off, sealed with a kiss.  Somebody will love you for it.  I promise!

1 comment:

  1. Ann,
    Thanks for the link to the gal who writes letters. I used to love writing letters and sending them of or notes to friends just because.
    Don't hardly do that anymore because the internet is so much easier and I don't have to hold a pen in hand (which is hard these days). But, since I have now just watched the clip, I have to start again writing letters and notes.....
    Have a great day up in da UP, eh? Stay warm...It is cold (45) down here, LOL....
    Love from NC

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.