Sunday, December 1, 2013

Whoosh!

Hmph!

How in the heck did that happen?  Where did November disappear to?

Well, I'm reoriented to reality and November was taken up with sock knitting for Christmas gifts, and we had ourselves a little jaunt through the eastern mountain ranges of West Virginia and Virginia.

I am amazed at those two states.  Even though we have traveled there before, on this trip I was impressed with the mountains.  I'm not sure there's a flat place anywhere in either of those states.  While we were on a narrow mountain road in WV, traffic was held up on a curve at the bottom of a "holler" while a long-bed truck carrying a huge piece of equipment negotiated the turn.  It must be a logistical nightmare to build things there. I also can appreciate how happy the citizenry was to have some four-lane highways built!

But we found it very pretty even in November, and we saw some wonderful people.

My birthday is this month----along with a great deal of my family----in addition to Christmas and all the solstice celebrations, and the turning of the year.  I'd better not doze off the way in did in November!  I'll miss the whole thing.

I wish you joy this month.  I now zero in on the parts of the celebration that mean the most to me, and minimize the aggravating stuff.  It works out just fine.


5 comments:

  1. I can't believe that it's already December! Where did November go??? Still, December is a good, if busy, month ... and I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I thought I was savoring November, but it still whooshed by in a flash. I AM taking December deliberately though. We'll see how that works out!

      Delete
  2. I went to the store today and was shocked to write Dec 2nd on the check. Like, you, I'm shocked!
    You and I are celebrating our birthdays this month. Let's pick 45 as our age, ok?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea, but of course I am then a contemporary of my children. They may not be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ann,
    I just got back from Wis. i was there from 5 Nov to 3 Dec. My birthday is 2 Dec and spent it watching snow fall in my sister's yard in the evening...Then home to NC.....Did you drive thru the Charleston/Teays Valley area of WV? I used to live just over the Kanawah River bridge off I-64 towards Huntington, WV....I truly is a beautiful state....depending on where you live.....
    Sorry I didn't get a chance to get up to the UP, as my sister had hip replacement surgery a week before I got there and was in no shape to drive to da UP...And the pasty shop in Appleton, Wi. closed down...Oh no pasties for me this trip....BUT, oldest son and I are going to make pasties for Christmas dinner...What a trip that will be....
    Happy Birthday for whatever day in Dec. you day is...
    Love from NC

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.