Well......you can see how that worked out. I no sooner go to do something else, than I think of someone I need to get in touch with, or something I need to find out. It is said that we get our brains "rewired" when we can switch from one subject to another at the click of a mouse and I have to believe it. As though I needed more distraction!
So I feel as though I have given myself a case of attention deficit disorder. Not the one in capital letters, just the case that I have.
In a related malady, is that not also true of the person obsessively holding the remote, clicking away without any regard whatever for other folks in the room who may be interested in something (s)he clicked away from a few minutes ago?
My mourning for my past attention span may be faulty memory. I was reprimanded fairly often for chattering in class. Hard to believe, I know.
I have sewn a quilt top together. It isn't anything special, and the squares were already completed and I just had to join the rows. But it is flannel and pastel and will be backed with green polka dot flannel. It will be warm and cozy though not especially pretty. I was "gifted" with a great many flannel squares at the quilt retreat and they don't all go together flawlessly.
I have another project to work on this week. I volunteered to finish an unfinished vest with a V-neck. I sewed the shoulder and the sides but need to figure out how to do the neckline. I have no pattern (with the project), but I have a great many others I can refer to, so all is not lost. The yarn is a beautiful, soft baby alpaca---a sheer joy to work with.
This is the picture I posted to Ravelry when I asked for advice from experts, so I think I have enough information to proceed. Perhaps after I finish my book.
I must be making up for my weeks of not enough reading. Since Thursday I have read Orphan Train and The Scent of Rain and Lightning. I'm also half through The Strangling on the Stage. You can imagine how much exercise I got, reading that much.
It seems like you should get some credit for exercise if you watch the soccer matches from the World Cup. I admire their fitness. That field is huge and they run, run, run for hours! In the heat! Even being a fan there is a a lot of exercise!
Okay, that's all the trivia I can come up with. Thanks for reading and please visit again.
I'm not sure I could fast from the internet. My dad keeps in touch with all of us girls via email, and I keep in touch with DD frequently via text. Plus there's always something we need to look up online ... Not to mention that's how I do the majority of my shopping. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI understand and agree. I keep in touch with sisters and kids via email and Facebook, plus I look for books and stuff. I'm hopeless at "the fast".
ReplyDelete