Sunday, September 12, 2010

Contrary Nature

Even here, in the lovely north country, we have weird weather.  I have noticed that the most beautiful fall days are usually during afternoons when football fans are riveted to their TV sets, though.  Isn't that contrary?

But the snippet I needed to share with you was this.  Good Guy couldn't grill the supper last night because it was raining.  So he was pleased when we had a lovely but breezy afternoon.  We'd grill tonight instead. 

He went out to light the charcoal.  He worked in the kitchen making the salad.  What's that sound???  No, I don't believe it.  It's thundering and blowing like crazy  When the coals were perfect, it started pelting rain; huge splashy drops were landing and overflowing the bird baths! 

Fortunately, the whole thing was over and gone in fifteen minutes.  But it was funny anyway, in a sort of head-shaking way.  The grilled supper was very tasty, by the way.

4 comments:

  1. we have so much wind here, sometimes the weather is nice but the dumb wind keeps blowing out the gas grill! Goofy weather indeed. We had lots of rain last week. today is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this IS why you don't find many GOOD outdoor grill chefs in England - for which remark I xpect to be shot down in flames!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fisherhubby has been known to open the garage door and wheel the grill in just far enough to get out of the rain (or snow) when such things happen.

    Now that we are old and gray - - - well, old anyway - - - we've been using a little George Forman Grill MUCH more than the outdoor one anyway.

    We'll be heading up at 2:00 AM Wednesday to search for a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great photo in the header, I wanted to make sure to mention it :)

    Grilling in the rain is no fun, but I do love a good Mother Nature joke. The coals are ready - RAIN! lol

    Kristin - The Goat

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.