Saturday, September 25, 2010

Live and Learn

In my wandering around, reading the blogs of others, I've come across "Seven Things I Learned This Week."

That sounded like a good discipline to me, and the mentioned list always seems pretty interesting, too.

I'm here to tell ya, it isn't easy.  How can you not learn seven things easily in a culture where you're bombarded with "information" all day long? 

 I think because of that very thing, I ignore 89% of what I hear and disbelieve most of the rest that I do hear.  And of course, my hearing isn't all it could be.

Not to mention (I feel a rant coming on), it's the season for political advertising.  I shudder to think that someone is relying on that information to decide who  to vote for. 

If I were to share my "learned list" with you, which I'm not doing-----trust me, it's short.  It's nowhere near seven, and it wouldn't be that useful to anyone else.  I'm going to work really hard to do better next week.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my - another person who does not like political advertising! Can't blame you. I hate the presidential advertising - that goes on for a couple years!!! Now with governors, and etc., the race is on again! oh my....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to know if you've truly learned something or if you've just been told something that sounds like learning :) I know I've believed a lot of "sounds like learnin" and have been made a fool instead.

    I learned about a turtle this week :)
    Kristin - The Goat

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.