Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ski Tournament Results

Before this big event, I predicted the outcome, to my friend's amusement. I rest my case.

This is always a weekend for GoodGuy to hang out with his brother at the ski hill and here, chatting about the things guys talk about. Such as the upcoming golfing season, books, funny things from the past, sports, books, cars, gas mileage of the same, books. You get the picture.

Sister in law and I haven't spent visiting time together since last summer out at the lake, so we talked about the things gals talk about. Family stuff, the grandkids, books, work, retirement, blogging, grandkids, books.

Man we are some boring folks. But we really enjoy being together. I feel so blessed to be able to look forward to family get-togethers in which you don't worry about people hurting each other's feelings, or somebody being boorish and embarassing everyone. (Perhaps we are so blase that we are beyond embarassment. But I doubt it.)

The other interesting thing, to me, is that I fixed barbecued pork for dinner on Saturday night with my own recipe, (as opposed to using Grandma's excellent recipe---a family tradition.) It was pronounced well worth the effort. The recipe I use is one of the first things I ever cooked successfully as a young bride, and the delicious aroma lured a friend down our driveway to check it out.

We are enjoying a February thaw, and the snow is really taking a beating. The skiers didn't have very long jumps due to the still, humid air and the sticky snow. The sport is highly dependant on the weather conditions! I guess that's true of all outdoor sporting events, isn't it?

If you're keeping score, though I knitted a long time yesterday, I still have about 35 rows to go before the sweater is completed. So I couldn't finish it in just a month. Tsk, tsk. I didn't work on it all the time at the library, since I had to find new books, help another knitter, and meet an interesting lady who's a fellow quilter. She's a very interesting and creative person and I look forward to knowing her better.

Hope you are all recovering from your wild and crazy valentine's day celebrations! Going to Walmart and buying rubber bands, indeed! Such wild behavior!

2 comments:

  1. The Birkebeiner involves skis too - - -

    Hey - - - I see that cute little reference to my Valentine's celebration tucked skillfully in that last paragraph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Down below where the trolls live, I heard it got up to 50ยบ today. Snow just cannot survive in such a heat wave. I saw your prediction come true :) You have seen that before, huh?

    It's always good when you go off on your own and the results were worth the effort. I've worked hard on dinner before only to be told that such and such was better LOL

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.