Share your week's fragments with Mrs. 4444 at Half Past Kissin' Time, and the rest of us with bit and bobs to get together at the end of the week.
Some days it's a painful thing to be a fan. This can happen as a fan of any sport, but tonight it's discouraging to be a fan of Big Ten Basketball, though Ohio State may make us cheer up. The game is just in the first half, so anything can happen.
We had a little jaunt and an overnight in the Door Peninsula this week. It is so pleasant there before the real tourist influx begins. Of course all the trendy shops are still closed, but there is still good food, and wine, and cherry products.
Now that my lame shoulder is feeling better, I'm allowing myself little snatches of knitting time again. In the meantime I have entertained myself with reading, drawing, and occasional sewing.
I've been making a quilt of my own design, which sounds very grand, but it really amounts to getting to a spot where all the regular sized squares go together easily---and then you are left with a bunch of other stuff you have to puzzle together somehow.
Note to self: Don't be a dope. Pick a pattern and follow it. Preferably a good Judy Martin pattern--so accurate and easily done. Not that the patterns are simple, but the directions are so clear, and the sizes so precise. I love them!
The Postcrossing experiment has been fun now that some cards are coming to me almost daily. I have gotten cards from the Netherlands, Manitoba, Australia, Belarus, Nashville, Long Island, Washington State, Malaysia, and Austria. Fun stuff.
Reading----The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver, and Half-Broke Horses by Jeanette Walls (I think).
Have a great Friday, and a jolly weekend, if I don't see you here before that.
I love your header! And I admire anyone who can quilt. I have zero sewing skills, but my mother was an excellent seamstress as were my great aunts. Hats off to quilters! It's a great tradition.
ReplyDeleteI saw your new icon picture on the FF linkies - - - I LOVE it, why doesn't it show up over there in your sidebar next to your profile button??? Why doesn't it show up as your comment avatar????
ReplyDeleteThere are GOATS over at my FF today.
I just returned from getting a very short summer haircut. Maybe GG can take a new picture of me for my avatar. I'd usually rather see cats or roses than my own mug on my avatar.
DeleteGo Bucks!
ReplyDeleteI just finished reading a fantastic book (Christian suspense thriller), DECEIT, by Brandilyn Collins. I love her books--quick reads and interesting plots with believable characters. Happy Friday!
At least you are a dedicated fan to the cause! Enjoy the rest of March madness.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness Ohio State won. Michigan State almost had me in TEARS!!!
DeleteI so envy your talents....to knit AND quilt...my goodness. I tried to teach myself how to knit, got as far as casting on, and couldn't figure out how the rest is supposed to be done. [I crochet a lot --and I find myself using a wrist brace often] Anyway, and then, ------quilting!!!
ReplyDeleteI haven't watched March Madness since AZ and Lute Olsen's Wildcats. Since he retired as coach, it just isn't the same.
My Friday post is: THE 'F' WORDS
Of course AZ means UofA [University of Arizona] duh.
DeleteAhh Lute Olsen----eye candy for the basketball fan! I knew AZ was Arizona---honest!
DeletePopping over for the first time from Friday Fragments! Love the design of your blog with the words of wisdom on the sidebar and the list of books you are reading. I am a huge reader too, and your newest follower! Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the encouragement. I just put books I love on the book list. I read always, but I don't always love what I read.
DeleteI just recently began a quilt and I will agree, easy patterns are wonderful. I admire you for stepping out of the box, really I do. I just could never do it, not even if I make a go of this hobby. I am still struggling over the consistent sizes and sewing the straight line ;-)
ReplyDeleteThere are really plenty of ways to tweak existing patterns without having to put oneself through this. It isn't as though I've made all the regular quilts I wanted to make.
DeleteI hope your shoulder continues to do well and that you suffer very little as a sports fan.
ReplyDeleteI was traveling most of the month and have to say I've missed most of the basketball. I did get to see the of a Phillies spring training game today. They tied.
ReplyDeleteI am so lost when it comes to knitting or quilting or sewing of any kind. I have goon to all kinds of classes. My daughters do beautiful work.
I hope your shoulder continues to heal:)