Saturday, March 10, 2012

Spring Forward!

Isn't it a satisfying feeling to have a productive week, and to have the items on "your list" all crossed off?

I am still a paper and pen sort of list-maker, and in the quiet time of early morning, I can be found deciding what is my top priority items for the day.  I keep the list close at hand so when things pop into my head, I can add them in a hurry (before they vanish again).

My friend, Phyllis, likens this vanishing phenomenon to having a bird flying low over your head----and you have to reach up and grab his feet quickly.....or he's gone for good.   I don't know if this is a product of old age or if it happens to everyone in this age of multitasking and distractions.

I am trying to work on a quilt piecing project because I promised my Wednesday quilters that I would have something to show them by next week.  So once I set a daily goal, it is easy and fun to get into my workroom and actually cut and sew.  That had been channeled into knitting projects for a time, but my shoulder needs a little rest.

In my knitting time, I'm working on a pair of socks in a yarn that is now discontinued.  I checked the yarn out on Ravelry and got some ideas, and since the yarn has cotton and elastic I thought I'd make some summer socks on fewer stitches than I usually use.  They will be too small for me, but my grandson in Florida will be able to use them, I think.  The prospect of ripping them out and doing them over is just painful!

My trip to the library this week netted me some children's books.  I've realized that there are some classics I've never read, so I took out The Little Prince and a couple dog books I'd never read, and they were great fun.

Gretchen Rubin, the author of The Happiness Project is a great fan of "kid lit", and good writing is good writing, whether it is directed at adults or children.  (Not to mention that there's a great deal of poorly written adult stuff.  We won't go there!)

Still to accomplish this week is some sorting and pitching.  I don't know how clutter accumulates so quickly.  Perhaps it occurs when the housekeeper sews, knits, reads, and bums around instead of cleaning.

Nawww, that can't be so.

Have a pleasant weekend, and enjoy some spring weather.  (You, too, winter-lover!)


7 comments:

  1. That darn clutter. Doesn't it know that we have better things to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at the flamingo's on your header........I thought I was on the wrong blog!

    Spring is pretty much here right now....temps in the 50's all week. Snow is melting fast off the mountains, too.

    You're a busy girl with your quilting ad knitting projects. And letter writing with your new pen pals. How fun to get mail from another country!

    I'm just catching up on blogs and such after being gone for a week. You'd think it was a month! But I'm happy to have gone to VA (even the rain didn't bother me) BUT am happy to be home. D does not enjoy the bachelor thing!

    Hugs
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I better get "over" winter real quick - - - we've got a week of high 60's and low 70's on the horizon.

    I presume that last "quip" was aimed at me.

    I'm not a list maker as a general rule - - - only when I have something unusual that I MUST remember to do, then I leave myself little stickie notes on the dining room table near where I hang my purse.

    Works pretty well for me.

    This is a little children's book you can read in less than five minutes, but take a hanky with you: "I'll Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already know I'll Love You Forever. I love it!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I already sprung my clocks that won't spring themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flamingoes are pretty on your header! Looking forward to several days in the 60s this week with sun! Children's books are fun to read sometimes; also enjoy the YA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there really such a being as a "winter lover"?!haha

    You've reminded me that I have a list that needs checking! Good luck with yours this week.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.