This week has been more eventful and fragmented than usual. In that....
1. I spent 48 plus hours hospitalized to Rule Out a heart attack. It was more likely a gall bladder attack--and it proved that it's easy to over react when you are unaccustomed to pain. My symptoms had our local heart specialist declaring me "a puzzling case". (Lesson learned, I can't handle an outing that includes a cheesy, cheesy pizza.)
2. I had to get out of the hospital in time for a crown prep at my dentist's office first thing on Monday morning. Some choice, huh? The primary pain will be to my bank account, I suspect.
3. Tuesday I saw my own doctor, which made me feel MUCH better. Funny how that works.
4. Wednesday I was grateful and happy to spend a day with my sisters, brothers-in-law, nephews, and their families. The Photographer and Grandsons were on hand too, camping on the shores of Lake Superior. It was a lovely, cool, breezy day and it was so pleasant to catch up with their lives.
I spend time with my sisters pretty regularly but it's rare to have all the kids together, too. We all loved it. Daisy Dog loves it up there in the sand. Dig, dig, dig, all day long.
5. I had a nice loss today at Weight Watchers, as a result of my malady. I knew I was really in the hospital, that it wasn't just a bad dream, when the tray showed up with green jello on it. I said that to the nutrition department employee when my tray came, and she busted out laughing.
6. And last, but not least, I read a really fine book this week by Carol O'Connell called The Chalk Girl. She writes the most delicious characters, even the minor characters.
That will have to do for this week. It was most unpleasant brooding about how I felt. I felt like that person in the quotation, "A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small package."
Have a great weekend. I can't wait to see what you've swept together.
Over night in the hospital - oh that's not a good thing. I hope you are feeling better. Nothing like topping off a hospital stay with a trip to the dentist.
ReplyDeleteYou're right about that! The fun never ends!
DeleteGlad you are feeling better - what a week! i do like the quotation at the end of your post.
ReplyDeletegreen jello.....'nuff said
ReplyDeleteI think I'd prefer the crown prep over the hospital. Call me crazy. Or Shirley.
It makes me very happy that you are feeling better, not having a heart attack, and that your sense of humor is in tact. It does NOT make me happy that you can't have cheesy, cheesy pizza anymore.
The fence is still in our future. Maybe I'll go have my teeth cleaned instead! haaaaaarrrrrrrrr
You already have all my sympathy and EMPATHY about the whole pain and hospital episode, as you are fully aware.
ReplyDeleteLet me just add - - - when one is HURTING, capitals on purpose, it is very difficult to think of anything else.
And those all liquid hospital diets are for the birds - - - must be for the birds 'cause they aren't fit for HUMANS!
"A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small package." I learned about this week from observing someone.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to check out the book.
ReplyDeleteOh....dear, a hospital stay is not good, no matter the reason. I had to laugh at the green jello part tho!! And yes, I completely understand about the bill to show up soon. That WILL be a pain.
I've never heard of that book or author. Something to check out.
ReplyDeleteOh my! I'm glad it wasn't a heart attack! And yay for the silver lining weight loss!
ReplyDeleteOh, the drama! Holy cow. I guess you were overdue or something, but I'm glad it's over (except maybe for the crowning of your crown :) So glad you're okay. Thanks for linking up.
ReplyDeletep.s.Loved your little sweeping reference :)