Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday

I have decided that I have a limited amount of creative energy.  Therefore when I am quilting, sewing, knitting and gardening, I have no time to blog.Therefore I am appearing here briefly to leave a fragmented message of sorts, link up to Mrs. 4444 at Half Past Kissin' Time's Friday Fragments, say hi to all my Friday Buds, and get back to my busy work.

Not much is happening with my little library.  I wrote up a flyer to carry around to the neighbors and to encourage their participation---as soon as I can find the time, and overcome my extreme shyness.  (Oh stop that foolish laughing!  I might be shy!)

I have completed the WORDS quilt top.  It is enormous and I have bought 3 yards of 104" wide fabric for the backing.  I need to rent a hall to get the layers together, I guess.  I have no table space or floor space free that is large enough to get this done.  I'll post a picture over the weekend.

It looks okay from a distance, but the real charm is to view it up close, because so many of the fabrics have words, jokes, proverbs, etc. printed on them.  It is also very personal since it has our own preferences imprinted upon it.

I signed up for Knitspot's Fall in Full Color club, in which after joining and paying the membership costs, a knitter is provided with beautiful handspun, hand-dyed yarn and a beautiful pattern (which in my case, will expand my learning).  So I have spent lots of time trying out the pattern on other yarn, so I know what I'm doing.

This has taken considerable time.  Enough said.

Also on the needles is another project in lace weight yarn on size 1 needles.  I am making progress, but it takes about 10 rows to make an inch, and there must be 200 stitches on the needles by now.  Slow going.  I'm not starting the project above until this is done.

And, lastly, I am piecing a Triangle quilt of all my brown, beige, tan, gold, yellow and natural muslin scraps.  (No new fabric.)  This sounds like it should be a "stash-buster", doesn't it?
Alas, the more scraps you use, the more scraps you have.  It's like some of the salads you order when eating out, where you eat steadily for 20 minutes and have only eaten 1/3 of the salad.

When I informed my quilting buddies of this project, they all chuckled indulgently.  Silly old Annie!

So that's about all I can dredge up.  (I see the surgeon on Monday.  I'm feeling fine.)

8 comments:

  1. Well, you are unbelievably prolific! I want pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilting pictures. Your fans are clamoring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to pictures of all these projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My nephew went to Fort Collens. That's so funny! I can't wait to see pictures of your quilt - I'm in awe of anyone that can make anything with their hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really pulling for your mini library to be a huge success.

    Every stinkin' time I check in or shelve a knitting book I think of you - - - and that's multiple times each shift I work.

    My daughter and her boss at FCW were THRILLED to hear from you and they shared a tiny bit of the correspondence with me, being the momma and friend go-between.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really do feel blessed because Ann was at our quilting group on Wednesday. (Ask her about the delicious, juicy fresh peach she had as part of her lunch....) The lace work is very fine. She is not exaggerating one bit. This talented lady does beautiful work with that ultra fine yarn. Then the Words quilt is absolutely the most creative piece of quilting I have come across. Each segment has been done with the utmost care and thought. Well, we all know that Ann is multi-talented and her fan club has many members!!! I'd better stop now or she won't meet with us this coming week..........

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.