In a fit of being prepared and well organized, I bought the ingredients for a lunch to contribute to Quilters' Meeting today. Then I came home and stashed them.....somewhere. I hunted for them last night before I went to bed, so I'd be prepared in the morning.
Huh! Where did I put them? I looked everywhere that made a lick of sense to me, without success. I am currently checking places that make a lot less sense, but coming up dry on that one, too.
Am I the victim of a Spam and bun thief? Probably not. I hate to have to run out to the store again before I go to quilting, but que sera, sera.
A brief change of subject here for a minute. I now feel like an expert at knitting short rows. I submit for your perusal:
This was an easy project, though somewhat boring. It's a scarf, and a gift----I don't dress in ruffles, as a rule.
Well, I'd love to chat longer, but I have to look for something. I hope I can recall what I'm looking for!
You are too funny, Ann...It is the Tundra weather da UP is having these last few day, eh? It is really cold down here in NC, too...We have had strange weather...
ReplyDeleteAnd, to top it off, you still go outside in this weather....BRR!!!!
Love from NC
I don't really go out any more than I have to. I'm a real wimp about the cold nowadays!
DeletePerhaps it was my oldest son who came and wreaked havoc in your pantry. If any labels are missing, we will KNOW it was he.
ReplyDeleteOh, yes, I forgot about that mischief maker. I found the items after my return trip to the grocery store. They were in my workroom under a knitting bag. I guess it made sense to me when I put them there.
ReplyDeleteMy daughter got us a book of brain booster puzzles that just came yesterday. She said that maybe we'd be able to find out keys and our teeth. (Little snot!)
My mom has begun symptoms of dementia. I don't know much about it, but I am learning quickly. When I forget where my keys are or can't find something that I swore I put away, I worry that I may be following the same path. Right now, I laugh it off when I do find the missing item.
ReplyDeleteMy in-laws found games on the computer to help with their memory. So cute to watch them play.
Earlier this week, I bought some very nice parmesan cheese to put some on some dishes I made for dinner and for the freezer. Last night I went to take it out to put it on the spinach I was going to saute for dinner. I looked high and low in the refrigerator and couldn't find it. This morning when I went to water a plant, I found it on the kitchen window sill. There was no reason for it to be there, so I blame the cats.
ReplyDeleteAfter reading that book, STILL ALICE, it is kind of scary when I forget things or have trouble thinking of a word. Glad you found your stuff!
ReplyDelete