I'll hit this spot one last time in May to:
Register my appreciation to the soldiers, sailors, marines, and MASH units of every generation for stepping up and serving. Thanks, thanks, and thanks again.
My flag is flying and I'm reminding you that you can send a letter of support. Get an address at Soldiers' Angels and give someone a smile when that letter arrives. I hate to think that our people who are serving in Afghanistan feel that they are forgotten or left unsupported.
Plus I'll tell you that we have bought a car. A brand spankin' new one with the new car smell and the whole magilla. It joins our fleet of Toyota Camrys. We are selling the red car and keeping the green car (for me). It is old and reliable and I love that car.
Our ride over to the car dealer in a nearby town was so pleasant yesterday. The farm fields are blushing green, the trees are budding, the woods are full of trilliums, and the sun was shining. It's a beautiful world---if you don't watch the news.
I wish you a pleasant weekend. Have a cookout and a good time, but remember the solemn reason for the long weekend.
Isn't spring just the best? Glad you're seeing it in all its glory. Have a fabulous Memorial Day.
ReplyDeletePlanting peas today and the apple trees are in blossom. So beautiful!
DeleteCongrats on your new vehicle! I love 'new car' smell......mine still has it after 3 yrs! Hmmmm, wonder if that's a good thing or not???
ReplyDeleteI've been in the backyard for 2 wks. The greenhouse is up and the veggies are planted. The flowers are in and I'm one pooped puppy. But smiling. Now to keep them all alive!
How I envy you your greenhouse. I don't have any room for one anywhere.
DeleteThe down side of downsizing. No#1 daughter started some tomato plants at her house, though.
I'll send you some 'maters............I 'over-bought' and I do believe 6 of them is going to be WAY too many!!!! Or I'll have to start my own Ketchup brand!
Delete:) perfect post. Enjoy your car!!
ReplyDelete:) perfect post. Enjoy your car!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a lovely Memorial Day. New cars are always fun!
ReplyDelete