Saturday, May 4, 2013

Turning Tide

Once in a while there is such a change in situation and attitude that I can notice it even while it is in progress.

After this extremely long and discouraging winter that has intruded upon Spring, I can actually feel my mood and energy level change when we have a mild and sunny day.  Accomplishing tasks seems possible again.

Of course, the changing angle of the sun is also pointing out that there are places that have been long neglected.  That gives me some incentive to work as well.

I never consider myself depressed, but I must confess that I have been somewhat low on good cheer and energy.  This week, however, even though we had one cold and rainy (even icy) day, we had warm days and sun.  Bring it on!  I got out to rake in the garden.  I walked.  I recycled paper.  I worked on a baby quilt.

Life is good!  Who needs excitement when sunshine is enough to make life happier?

5 comments:

  1. It's amazing what effect sunshine and warmer weather has on our mood and energy level. It's chilly and rainy here ... and I have to literally force myself to accomplish anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. This winter was way too long and icky. I was over it a month ago and then it wouldn't stop!

    The sun is a good and warming friend. My mood changes TONS when it's out and the weather is nicer. SO I've spent many days in yard the last few days. And I'm a nicer person for it.

    I wish you a long and wonderful Spring. I'll send anything GOOD we get your way!!!

    Hugs
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everywhere it has been winter toooooo long....Even down here in NC....Warmer, sunny weather is WONDERFUL...
    Of course, your post about your trip across the pond was
    great to read...Oh to be well enough to get out and go somewhere....that's why I read about where people go, so I can join in...Thank you, Ann.
    There is a place out in Wash st. that grows tulips by the acres...Kitsap Valley, I think...All colors and great beauty for many acres...
    Love from NC

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree!!!! Amazing what sunny skies can do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree!!!! Amazing what sunny skies can do.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.